Respawn Entertainment has released a new update for Apex Legends, which fixes many known issues and addresses some champion abilities, such as Wattson’s fences. Apparently, the developer wants to restore the slow effect on Wattson’s Fences but also introduce leaver penalties in Arenas.
Furthermore, a fan-favorite champion, Valkyrie, is also being tweaked a bit. Now, Valkyrie has a delay on her ultimate, preventing players from using it by accident. Furthermore, the exploit where using Valkyrie would allow players to record stats in the firing range has been exterminated.
What’s probably the most exciting change for this May 24 update is the Arenas changes and the leaver penalties that are going to hit the ragers very hard. There will be a similar abandon penalty applied like in Ranked Battle Royale games. Leavers that are partied with others would also cause others to be penalized, meaning no one’s able to bypass the algorithm.
Without further ado, the official patch notes for this Apex Legends May 24 Update can be found below.
Apex Legends, 5/24/21 Patch Notes
PT Server + Client Patch:
- Valkyrie Changes:
- Added a short input delay after using Valkyrie’s ult to prevent players from accidentally activating-then immediately cancelling-their ult by accident
- Fixed an exploit that let players record stats in the firing range while using Valkyrie
- Fixed an edge case that allowed her ult to be activated shortly after using a jump pad
- Arena Changes:
- Penalties for abandoning games have been added to Arenas. This is similar to the abandon penalty applied in Ranked BR games. You only get the penalty if you were in a full squad when you left (this doesn’t apply if you were partied with the leaver-you’ll still get penalized in that case). This update will activate a warning for players who are about to leave a game in progress. The associated penalties will follow shortly after.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed users to unlock upgrades without having enough materials to do so
- Hop-up upgrades for the Bocek bow are now as follows: Level 2: Shattercaps. Level 3: Deadeye’s Tempo
- Fixed various Arenas bugs and errors
- Loot Adjustments:
- Adjusted the logic for loot items being spawned on the ground as opposed to being placed into loot bins. This should cause backpacks to spawn more evenly on the ground as opposed to being spawned almost exclusively in loot bins.
- Slight increase in spawn rates for LEvel 2 Evo armor. The starter kit changes introduced in Season 9 had caused them to be lowered by more than expected
- Miscellaneous stability fixes
Late Afternoon PT Playlist Update:
Re-enabling Valkyrie in the firing range
We’re temporarily increasing the survival XP earned in Arenas. This is a placeholder fix to offset the fact that the buy phase currently isn’t being taken into account for “survival time”. In a future patch, we’ll adjust the survival time calculation to include the buy phase and return the survival XP earn rate to its previous level.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there! The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!