Destiny 2 Hotfix Nerfs Star-Eater Scales Leg Armor
Bungie has reasoned themselves to jump on the planning board once they sense something gets out of control in Destiny 2. According to the most recent Destiny 2 hotfix 3.2.02 deployed to the game, one of the Exotic armors gets back to normal values rather than booming out of control. Yes, Destiny 2 has decided to nerf Star-Eater Scales, an exotic item in Season of the Splicer.
After reviewing the patch notes, it seems that Bungie hasn’t noticed that the Star-Eater Scales were erroneously applying its damage bonus to weapons and grenades instead of only Supers as intended. But alongside that, the number of stacks required for the full damage bonus has been increased from four to eight stacks.
Without further ado, below you can find all of the patch notes, which also obscures weapon tweaks, accessories, Power and Progression, UI Fixes, and General changes.
- Fixed an issue where Recovery-focused Umbral Engrams would sometimes not award armor with a sufficiently high Recovery stat.
- Fixed issues where some Common, Uncommon, and Rare armors would provide stat bonuses when used as ornaments as a part of Armor Synthesis.
- Energy Accelerant mod:
- No longer increases damage against players.
- No longer increases the base damage of Symmetry, Telesto, Black Talon, and Deathbringer.
- Telesto has also received another sternly worded lecture.
- Sundering Blast no longer causes Overload champions to exit their stun state when damaged by the explosion created by the mod.
- Fixed an issue where Star-Eater Scales was erroneously applying its damage bonus to weapons and grenades instead of only Supers as intended.
- Increased the maximum number of stacks required for the full damage bonus from four stacks to eight stacks.
- Fixed an issue where players could spawn too many noble seekers with Boots of the Assembler by stepping in and out of a Rift.
- When Warlocks wearing Boots of the Assembler are extending the duration of a Rift, class ability regeneration pauses.
- Design note: The reason for this change was both to prevent game crashes caused by too many rifts being placed in a single activity, and to restore some of the advantage to running Sanguine Alchemy over Boots of the Assembler.
- Fixed an issue where the catalyst for Cryosthesia 77K was incorrectly accruing progress from energy weapon kills.
- Fixed an issue where the catalyst Triumph for Cryosthesia 77K was being displayed in the wrong weapon category.
- Fixed an issue where Cryosthesia 77K could fire multiple freeze shots without losing the charged shot buff.
- Fixed an issue where existing drops of THE SWARM with Unrelenting switched to Bottomless Grief.
- This fix only works in cases where players didn’t select the Bottomless Grief node.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Vie for Glory Sparrow from taking shaders.
POWER AND PROGRESSION
- Fixed an issue where the reward for completing the weekly Vendor Challenge on the Splicer Servitor did not reward Pinnacle gear as advertised.
- Upon completion, the weekly Vendor Challenge should now reward a Pinnacle piece of Seasonal gear.
- Fixed an issue where completing Presage as a weekly Activity Challenge was not rewarding Pinnacle gear.
- Fixed an issue where the Armor Synthesis ornament creation tutorial does not show up for Titan characters when reaching the armor ornament creation step.
- Players will no longer be able to claim the 150 Synthstrand from Ada-1 during the intro quest if their inventory is full.
- This will prevent players from losing the material and they will need to clear out inventory space to claim their Synthstrand.