Trainers, the next Spotlight Hour event in May is going live this Tuesday, featuring Dratini and 2x transfer Candy as a special bonus.
The second Spotlight Hour event this month will go live on May 11, 2021, and everyone is very excited for the Dratini Spotlight, as most players need to catch Dragon-type Pokemon for a Platinum Badge in Pokemon types, Xl Candy, catch more shiny forms, and more. To be honest, this is one of the most exciting Spotlight Hour events so far, so most people would like to show how many shiny forms they’ve caught, how many Dratini they have, the best IV Dratini…and why not?!
Now, let’s see how we can make the most of the Dratini Spotlight Hour event and what is the best way to grind.
How to Make the Most of Dratini Spotlight Hour
- Don’t catch any spawns around you for at least 30-45min before the Spotlight Hour begins. This is because all of these spawns will turn into the Spotlight Hour Pokemon, in our case Dratini, when the event starts
- Find out where the biggest spawn groups in your area are and take advantage of it
- Don’t rely on Lures, unless you’re a rural player. This is because Lures can’t do much to help you grind and the spawns are limited to 1 Pokemon every 3 minutes
- Use the fast catch trick – NOTE: This useful trick doesn’t work on Pokemon that spawns from Incense. What is the fast catch trick?! See below the list
- Walk around constantly
- Excellent throws will get you a ton of XP
- Have as much Pokemon Storage as you can
- Have as many PokeBall as you can
- DON’T APPRAISE JUST GRIND! You will have plenty of time, later on, to decide which Pokemon you need. Have in mind that this is ONE HOUR event!
- Put all your Pokemon you wanna transfer in a separate tag (remember to EXCLUDE shiny and lucky Pokemon, since they cannot be mass transferred. ENABLE “Expanded group transfer” in the settings to include legendary and mythical Pokemon). Select the whole tag by 5:59. Hit “transfer” at 6:00 and go catch. Double transfer candy is not worth missing out on catching mons, even if it’s just for regular catch XP. Thanks to destina10n!
So, how do you do the fast/quick catch technique?
- Hold the phone with your hand and use your thumb to tap and hold onto the ball selection circle in the bottom right
- While still holding your thumb on the ball selection circle, slide your thumb from the bottom right towards the bottom left of the screen. If you did this right, the ball icon should slide slightly to the left and change color slightly to a more opaque white
- While keeping your left thumb held down, throw the ball with your right hand. After throwing, you can release your left thumb. If you did this all correctly, the exit button should appear in the top left corner
As soon as your Pokeball has hit the Pokemon, the catch is decided, so you can leave the encounter immediately, skipping the ball rocking and catch screen animations. You can check your inventory to see if you caught it or not, or just click back on the pokemon on the map. If it disappears, you either caught it or it ran away.
With practice, this becomes very quick and allows you to catch and walk reliably. As a note, Pokemon from incense do not disappear if you use the quick catch method, so if you’re quick-catching from incense, you need to check your inventory after each throw since they don’t disappear until the next pokemon spawns. This is the same for surprise snapshot encounters.
It may sound impossible and confusing when you read it, and it’s much easier to watch a video of how to fast catch. Check it out below.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!