Update: Trainers, using the name trick when evolving Eevee into Sylveon also works. The name trick is Kira. Candy cost is 25 Candy.
Previous Story: Trainers, one of the most anticipated Eevee evolutions is finally making its debut in Pokemon Go and it seems like there are some requirements to evolve Eevee into Sylveon.
Sylveon is making its debut in Pokemon Go during the second part of the Luminous Legends Y event, to be more precise on May 25, 2021, and evolving Eevee into Sylveon will not be as simple as we think.
According to Pokemon Go’s blog, Eevee can evolve into Sylveon by earning hearts when it’s your Buddy. Well, if you think this will be an easy task, let me tell you that it will require a lot of time and hard work.
Now, let’s get back to the topic. At the moment they mention only one way to evolve Eevee into Sylveon and that’s by earning Buddy Hearts. Now, thanks to the world’s greatest Pokemon Go dataminers PokeMiners, we know how many Buddy Hearts one will need to evolve Eevee into Sylveon and it’s ridiculously crazy.
Evolving Eevee into Sylveon will require earning 70 Buddy Hearts.
They don’t mention anything about Candy’s requirements at the moment.
Now, let me break it down for you and show you what actions are needed to evolve into Sylveon:
- Walking with your Buddy for 2km will earn you 3 Hearts per day
- Feeding your Buddy from 0-full gives you 3 Hearts per day
- AR Mode play with your Buddy gives you 1 Heart per day
- Battle together with your Buddy gives you 3 Hearts per day
- Take a snapshot via the Buddy screen while in Adventure mode gives you 1 Hear per day
- Spin a new PokeStop or Gym gives you 1 Heart per day
- Collecting presents, souvenirs of visiting an interesting place provided by a Buddy gives you 3 Hearts per day
NOTE: Your Buddy must be in Adventure Mode for them to count!
That brings us to 15 Buddy Hearts per day and we need a total of 70 Hearts. That being said, you’ll be able to evolve Eevee into Sylveon the fifth day after the event starts.
That’s everything we know so far, and as soon we have more info, you’ll be the first to know. Until then stay with us and get the latest Pokemon Go news.