Mobile GamesNews

Pokemon Go Surpassed $5 Billion Lifetime Revenue Since 2016

Pokemon GO has hit another milestone, and that is hitting the $5 billion mark in lifetime revenue.

Pokemon GO is currently celebrating the fifth anniversary of its release, and Sensor Tower has stated that ever since its launch, the game has managed to earn $1 billion per year. What is more impressive is the fact that 2020 was the most successful and most profitable year for The Pokemon Company, even though it was a year of tumult and dark, scary times.

As always, The U.S has the first place revenue-generating country, with 36.6 per cent of the total lifetime player spending. Next on the list is Japan with 32%, and third is Germany with 5.4% of the total lifetime player spending.

As for mobile stores, Google Play is first on the list, with player spending of 52.8% or $2.7 billion. The App Store is second on the list, with 47.2%.

The first country on the downloads list is The U.S. They have generated 115.5 million downloads or 18.3% of the total amount of downloads. Next is Brazil, and the third-place falls to India. Out of 632 million downloads, Google Play has the most installs, 77% or 487 million installs. The App Store has 144.8 million downloads, which is the remaining 23% of the total amount of downloads.

Are you part of the player-spending revenue? How much have you spent so far?

If you are a video game developer and you have a submission to make, you can mail us at

Dejan Kacurov

Hey there, I'm Dejan! Let me take you through my life, where family, gaming, and CrossFit play prominent roles. Since day one, I've been surrounded by the love and support of my family. Growing up, every moment spent with my parents and siblings was filled with warmth and laughter, creating memories I hold dear. As a parent now, I've experienced a whole new level of love and responsibility. My two wonderful kids bring endless joy and a sense of purpose to my life. In the digital realm, I found my passion - gaming. Whether I'm conquering the world of Apex Legends or embarking on adventures in Pokemon Go, gaming fuels my sense of adventure and competition. Beyond the virtual world, I discovered the exhilaration of CrossFit. The challenging workouts, camaraderie with fellow fitness enthusiasts, and constant drive to push my limits have become an integral part of my life. Balancing family time, gaming, and CrossFit has been a journey of self-discovery. Each passion complements the other, bringing fulfillment and joy to my daily routine.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button