Nvidia Game Ready driver 471.96 adds a whole new library of games to GeForce Experience’s Optimal Settings feature. It introduces plenty of driver fixes obscuring some of the known issues, and it is a more sophisticated one, especially because it’s nominated as the first driver to support Windows 11. Furthermore, Nvidia Driver 471.96 adds 6 new G-Sync compatible displays.
Nvidia GPU users can download the driver through Nvidia’s GeForce Experience app or by visiting the official website. It is recommended to get it if you’re running the dev version of Windows 11. Below you can find the driver’s official update notes as provided by Nvidia.
New Games Supported By GeForce Experience’s Optimal Settings
- Aliens: Fireteam Elite
- Bless Unleashed
- Blood of Heroes
- Car Mechanic Simulator 2021
- Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!
- Draw & Guess
- Faraday Protocol
- Final Fantasy
- Final Fantasy III
- Ghost Hunters Corp
- Golf With Your Friends
- King’s Bounty II
- Madden NFL 22
- Mini Motorways
- Psychonauts 2
- Quake Remastered
- SAMURAI WARRIORS 5
- The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
- The Walking Dead: Onslaught
- Yakuza 4 Remastered
- Yakuza 5 Remastered
Newly Validated G-SYNC Compatible Displays
- EVE Spectrum ES07D03
- Lenovo G27Q-20
- MSI MAG321QR
- Philips OLED806
- ViewSonic XG250
- Xiaomi O77M8-MAS
New Features and Other Changes
- Updated scaling resolution in NVIDIA Image Sharpening.
- Added support for Windows 11.
- Added support for CUDA 11.4.
- Version 471.41 and later added security updates for driver components
- See the NVIDIA Security Bulletin 5211 for details of updates.
Advance Notice of Discontinued Support
- NvIFR OpenGL support.
- Release 470 will be the last driver branch to support this functionality. NvIFR header files, samples and documentation have been removed from the NVIDIA Capture SDK 7.1.9 release. Future drivers will remove NvIFR.dll and any other reference to NvIFR. For details, see the NVIDIA Video Codec SDK page.
Game Ready Driver Fixes (For full list of fixes please check out release notes)
- DPC latency is higher when color mode is set to 8-bit color compared to 10-bit color. 
- Unable to detect supported display modes for the Samsung Odyssey G9 display 
- Blue-screen crash/reboot loop occurs when two Samsung Odyssey G9 displays @ 240Hz are connected. 
- NVDisplay.Container.exe constantly writes data to C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\nvtopps\nvtopps.db3. 
- [Windows 11][Notebook]: With the graphics mode set to Hybrid, the GPU frequently wakes up while idle. 
- [CUDA][Turing/Volta GPUs]: Stability issues with Topaz Denoise AI. 
Game Ready & Studio Driver Important Open Issues (For full list of open issues please check out release notes)
- [Deathloop][HDR]:TDR/corruption occurs in the game with Windows HDR enabled.
- If this issue occurs, toggle the Windows HDR setting.
- [NVIDIA Control Panel]: After overinstalling the driver using express install when GPU scaling is enabled, the 0.59x upscaling factor is missing from the NVIDIA Control Panel scaling resolution list (Display > Change Resolution page).
- To work around, disable and then re-enable GPU scaling. Alternatively, perform a clean driver installation.
- [Battlefield V][DirectX 12]: The game may crash with HDR enabled. 
- To work around, enable HDR from the Windows display settings before launching the game.
- [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
- Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 may display graphical artifacts. 
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water.