Trainers, the next Pokemon Go Spotlight event is going live on August 24, 2021, featuring Skwovet, and twice the Candy for transferring Pokemon.
Skwovet is a Gen 8 Pokemon, which first appeared in Pokemon Go as part of the Pokemon Go Ultra Unlock Part 3 Sword and Shield event. This Pokemon can be found in the wild, as a reward for completing the Use 7 Berries to help catch Pokemon Field Research task and as a reward for completing the Use 10 Berries to help catch Pokemon task of the Sword and Shield Timed Research.
Now, let’s see how to get the most of the Skwovet Spotlight Hour event.
How to Make the Most of Skwovet Spotlight Hour
- Don’t catch any spawns around you for at least 30-45min before the Spotlight Hour begins. This is because all of these spawns will turn into the Spotlight Hour Pokemon, in our case Skwovet, when the event starts
- Find out where the biggest spawn groups in your area are and take advantage of it
- Don’t rely on Lures, unless you’re a rural player. This is because Lures can’t do much to help you grind and the spawns are limited to 1 Pokemon every 3 minutes
- Use the fast catch trick – NOTE: This useful trick doesn’t work on Pokemon that spawns from Incense. What is the fast catch trick?! See below for details
- Walk around constantly
- Excellent throws will get you a ton of XP
- Have as much Pokemon Storage as you can
- Have as many PokeBall as you can
- DON’T APPRAISE JUST GRIND! You will have plenty of time, later on, to decide which Pokemon you need. Have in mind that this is ONE HOUR event!
- Put all your Pokemon you wanna transfer in a separate tag (remember to EXCLUDE shiny and lucky Pokemon, since they cannot be mass transferred. ENABLE “Expanded group transfer” in the settings to include legendary and mythical Pokemon). Select the whole tag by 5:59. Hit “transfer” at 6:00 and go catch. Double transfer candy is not worth missing out on catching mons, even if it’s just for regular catch XP
So, how do you do the fast/quick catch trick?
- Hold the phone with your hand and use your thumb to tap and hold onto the ball selection circle in the bottom right
- While still holding your thumb on the ball selection circle, slide your thumb from the bottom right towards the bottom left of the screen. If you did this right, the ball icon should slide slightly to the left and change color slightly to a more opaque white
- While keeping your left thumb held down, throw the ball with your right hand. After throwing, you can release your left thumb. If you did this all correctly, the exit button should appear in the top left corner
As soon as your Pokeball has hit the Pokemon, the catch is decided, so you can leave the encounter immediately, skipping the ball rocking and catch screen animations. You can check your inventory to see if you caught it or not, or just click back on the Pokemon on the map. If it disappears, you either caught it or it ran away.
With practice, this becomes very quick and allows you to catch and walk reliably. As a note, Pokemon from incense do not disappear if you use the quick catch method, so if you’re quick-catching from incense, you need to check your inventory after each throw since they don’t disappear until the next pokemon spawns. This is the same for surprise snapshot encounters.
Pokemon Go Skwovet Spotlight Hour event goes live on Tuesday, August 24, 2021, from 6 PM to 7 PM local time.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!