Taito’s upcoming puzzle-platformer Bubble Bobble 4 Friends: The Baron’s Workshop has a release date. The iconic arcade classic in which Twins Bub and Bob clear stages will arrive at the PC platform. First released to arcades in 1986, players control the bubble dragons to overcome obstacles and complete all the puzzle elements. Bubble Bobble 4 Friends is the first sequel in 24 years for the main series.
Bubble Bobble 4 Friends: The Baron’s Workshop will be available on 30 September on Steam for $39.99 / £30.99 / €39.99 with a 15% off, one-week launch discount.
According to the official press release:
Today we are announcing that Bubble Bobble 4 Friends: The Baron’s Worshop will be launching onto Steam on 30th September with an exclusive level creation mode, THE BARON’S WORKSHOP, plus a 15% launch sale. Bubble Bobble 4 Friends: The Baron’s Workshop will feature all the the original and downloadable content from the PS4 and Switch releases, plus a new workshop mode where players can create new stages using dozens of block types, enemies and gimmicks unlocked as they play through the game.
The upcoming Steam release of Bubble Bobble 4 Friends: The Baron’s Workshop will feature all the original and downloadable content from the PlayStation and Nintnedo Switch releases, including a new PC-exclusive Baron’s Workshop mode that allows players to create new stages with custom block types and enemies. The level creations can be shared via Steam’s Workshop.
Baron’s Workshop Features
- The Baron’s Workshop – Exclusive to the Steam version, create, share and download new Bubble Bobble stages with players around the world. Unlock various blocks, enemies and gimmicks as you play through the main campaign.
- 1-4 player couch co-op.
- 4 Friends – With 100 stages to take on!
- Arcade of the Future – Play 100 more super-difficult stages with no continues for pro Bubble Bobble players.
- Original Arcade Mode – A faithful port of the classic Bubble Bobble for 1-2 players, with scanlines and screen ratio options for a truly authentic arcade experience.
- Global online leaderboards – Challenge your friends’ best scores across every game mode.