Stronger Pokemon in the Pokemon world are a great asset for Gym Battles, and even more important for Raid Battles. The stronger the Pokemon the bigger chance you get of defeating the opponent.
To get that level of a Pokemon, you would need to evolve it. Through this feature, known as Evolution, you get a Pokemon with higher CPs and HPs, which are crucial for a successful battle. Some Pokemon might require special items for evolution, such as Modules or Stones. Some even require to be assigned as Buddy Pokemon and walk a certain distance to evolve them.
The most basic requirements for Evolution are Candies and Stardust. Candy is specific to the species you want to evolve, and it can be obtained through catching that Pokemon (and even boost the amount with a Pinap Berry). Stardust is an item that you get through catching Pokemon, finishing a task, spinning a PokeStop, and many other ways.
While evolving a Pokemon is a total delight, seeing the XP number decreasing is even more pleasing to the eyes. Especially when you level up.
Currently, there are six Pokemon that require “Walk with your Buddy to evolve.” That’s Eevee, Feebas, Mime Jr., Bonsly, Happiny, and Woobat.
Pokemon Go Buddy Evolutions
- Eevee into Espeon during the day and Umbreon during the night. It requires Eevee as Buddy Pokemon 10km
- Feebas into Milotic. This Pokemon has to be set as your Buddy and walk 20km
- Mime Jr. into Mr. Mime. It requires Mime Jr as Buddy Pokemon and 15km to evolve
- Bonsly into Sudowoodo. It requires Bonsly as Buddy Pokemon and 15km to evolve
- Happiny into Chansey. It requires Happiny as Buddy Pokemon and 15km to evolve
- Woobat into Swoobat. It requires Woobat as Buddy Pokemon and 1km to evolve
The fun thing is that you can switch between your buddies whenever you want because the game automatically saves the progress you have made with each Buddy.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!