Age of Darkness: Final Stand is a dark fantasy survival RTS (Real-Time Strategy) available on Windows PC via Steam. The game is currently listed in the repository, but its Early Access status goes live on October 7. Today, Team17 announced a new partnership with PlaySide Studios to provide a smooth launch of the title.
In Age of Darkness, the player’s goal is to defend humanity at any cost. To do that, you will need to build, illuminate and defend the humans from hordes of Nightmares. The game is set in a Kingdom consumed by a deadly fog, which could be crucial in your defensive maneuvers.
According to the official press release:
Wednesday, 15th September 2021 – Team17 has today announced a partnership with PlaySide Studios to publish their upcoming dark fantasy survival RTS, Age of Darkness: Final Stand, which launches into Steam Early Access on 7th October. In a world shrouded in fog and ravaged by a never-ending evil, strategic planning and careful execution will be pivotal to surviving the onslaught of Nightmares that lurk in the darkness. During the day, gather resources, fortify defences, and recruit new members to the cause in preparation for nightfall when Nightmares will arrive en masse, relentlessly tearing their way across the procedurally generated map in order to reinforce ‘The Veil’, leaving darkness in their wake.
Below you can find some of the key features of Age of Darkness: Final Stand:
- Nightmares made real: Using an internally developed technology ‘SwarmTech’, Age of Darkness: Final Stand is able to render in over 70, 000 enemies on screen at any point
- All-consuming fog: Claim back the procedurally generated world from ‘The Veil’, a dynamic fog that conceals enemies, and drains the life from a player’s forces
- Earn your blessings: Each ‘Death Night’, a random affliction appears that modifies the game, testing the player’s best laid plans and ability to keep the darkness at bay
- A champion must rise: Leading the charge against the horrors that await, Heroes can be the key to turning the tide of battle with their unique abilities
- An army needs training: Configure your army differently each run with a skill tree system for different classes – grant your archers invisibility or imbue your sentinels with life-stealing rage
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!