Hey PvPers, are you ready for the most exciting content of New World? The developer Amazon Games has revealed that it will reactivate Outpost Rush in New World, the only arena PvP content aside from Wars that provides mid-scale wars between two teams of 20 players. First and foremost, in a Blog Post, the developers have announced that Update 1.0.4 is there to focus on fixing the top issues players have been having in recent weeks, especially those impacting wars.
Yes, there are tons of changes coming with 1.0.4, including news about the World Transfers but let’s look at the server downtime starting in all regions before we continue talking about how Outpost Rush will be reactivated.
|Regions||Downtime Start Time|
|Central Europe||10:00 PM PT October 27th / 7:00 AM CEST October 28th|
|US-East||10:00 PM PT October 27th / 1:00 AM ET October 28th|
|South America||10:00 PM PT October 27th / 2:00 AM BRT October 28th|
|Australia||10:00 PM PT October 27th / 3:00 PM AEST October 28th|
|US-West||11:00 PM PT October 27th|
Server Transfers and Outpost Rush (and Other Changes)
In this patch, we are re-enabling Server Transfers and Outpost Rush for players worldwide, as well as many other changes you can find below!
To enable Server Transfers and Outpost Rush, we will be rolling these features out regionally to ensure that we monitor each region closely before moving forward.
Server Transfer Rollout Plan:
|Regions||Server Transfers Re-Enabled|
|US-West||2:00 AM PT October 28th|
|Central Europe||2:00 PM PT October 28th / 11:00 PM CEST October 28th|
|US-East||2:00 PM PT October 28th / 5:00 PM ET October 28th|
|South America||2:00 PM PT October 28th / 6:00 PM BRT October 28th|
|Australia||2:00 PM PT October 28th / 8:00 AM AEST October 29th|
Outpost Rush Rollout Plan:
|Regions||Outpost Rush Re-Enabled|
|US-West||10:00 AM PT October 28th|
|Central Europe||7:00 PM PT October 28th / 4:00 AM CEST October 29th|
|US-East||12:00 PM PT October 28th / 3:00 PM ET October 28th|
|South America||2:00 AM PT October 28th / 6:00 AM BRT October 28th|
|Australia||2:00 PM PT October 28th / 8:00 AM AEST October 29th|
Judging by the tables above, South America will get the Outpost Rush first if it works as intended to traverse slowly across the EU and other regions. So it will take around 20 hours from the time of this writing to get Outpost Rush in the EU. Other Regions will also follow only if the mode works fine, which means we might not even get it at the end of the day.
The long-awaited World Transfer is also ready to come back and give chance players to transfer to their designated servers.
- Removed the Everfall starting beach to funnel new players through the other 3 locations to increase the probability of new players and friends being able to start together.
- The first house discount reduces the purchase price, but does not reduce taxes. However, the UI indicated to players that their taxes would be reduced, and it was only after purchasing the house and needing to pay taxes that they discovered they had to pay full price. We will compensate any player who purchased a house before the UI fix went out with 2,000 coins.
- Slightly improved performance within Wars.
- Slightly improved the performance of the Life Staff with changes to the passive abilities Mending Touch and Blissful Touch.
- In update 1.0.3 we corrected a bug causing companies to lose income from owning multiple territories or from failed War declarations. With this update we are reimbursing lost coin revenue.
- The Company treasury will be reimbursed for all lost coin revenue resulting from the issue.
- The revenue returned will not exceed the treasury cap.
- If a Company has been completely abandoned, they will not recover lost coin.
- We increased the Faction token cap by 50% for each Faction tier. We made this change so that players can earn extra tokens even if they’ve hit the reputation cap and want to save up while working to advance to the next Faction rank. Here are the new values:
- Tier 1: 5,000 tokens, increased to 7,500
- Tier 2: 10,000 tokens, increased to 15,000
- Tier 3: 15,000 tokens, increased to 22,500
- Tier 4: 25,000 tokens, increased to 37,500
- Tier 5: 50,000 tokens, increased to 75,000
GENERAL BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue where the Faction token caps were not increasing after players had completed the rank-up quests for their faction.
- Fixed a rare issue causing world time to skip ahead or behind, which would subsequently cause a variety of issues across the world.
- Fixed an issue causing players to lose houses they owned in Cutlass Keys.
- Fixed several rare server crash issues.
- Fixed an issue with the suspension/ban notification showing incorrect times.
- Fixed an issue where players could use their world transfer token while they still had active trading post contracts, causing additional issues when the transfer resolved.
- Fixed an issue causing some AI to not spawn in the world as intended.
- Fixed an issue where Mrykgard Corrupted portals in Shattered Mountain were distributing higher tier gear than intended, and respawning faster than intended.
- Fixed an issue where enemies in Myrkgard Corrupted portal events were dropping loot.
- Fixed an issue causing an unintended animation when interacting with the bubbling cauldron housing item, and an issue causing the ladle object to not appear in the player’s hand while interacting.
- Fixed an issue with Starmetal and Orichalcum ore veins where large ore veins were rewarding small amounts of ore and small ore veins were rewarding larger amounts of ore.
- Fixed an issue where the War lottery timer would not pause correctly during the War lockout period.
- Fixed the render distance of the Jack-o-Lantern Pumpkin lights.
- Fixed an issue causing the GM chat tag to show on non-GM players.
- Fixed an issue causing armor textures to flicker.
- Fixed an issue in the Starstone Barrows Expedition where the arcane protection was not protecting players from certain lasers.
- Fixed an issue where certain enemies in the Amrine Excavation were invulnerable.
- Fixed an issue where the Ice Pylon could stay on an infinite cooldown.
- Fixed an issue where players could obtain rings that had two perks sharing an exclusive perk label, and shouldn’t exist on the same ring.
- Fixed an issue causing the projectile visual to be absent from Ice Gauntlet and Ice Pylon attacks.
- Fixed an issue where players would be unable to complete a variety of game actions after fast traveling.
The fixes listed below are tentative fixes and mitigations. Our goal is to get these changes out and see if issues persist, so we can continue to work on them and address in a future update if necessary.
- Fixed a War exploit where players could use area of effect (AoE) magic effects to capture rally points without taking damage. This should be improved by the War performance and Life Staff performance updates, but we will continue to monitor to see if issues persist.
- We have fixed several known causes of players being invulnerable. This issue is a top priority for our team, and we are continuing to track down fixes for additional causes of this issue.
- We have speculatively fixed the issue where players could get stuck after leaving Outpost Rush. This was a rare issue and our team was not able to reproduce it. We will continue to monitor during the rollout.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!