Every Pokemon Go player wants to find and catch at least one shiny Pokemon in the game, and while it may seem easy, these Pokemon are rare to find. Many players are wondering what are the chances of finding a shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Go and what is the rarest shiny Pokemon in the game, and thanks to the wonderful community, we have the accurate information.
Shiny Pokemon are the most wanted Pokemon in Pokemon, and having a shiny form in your Pokedex is a blessing. These shiny Pokemon are extremely rare to find, and getting one is always a challenge.
At the moment of writing, there are a lot of shiny Pokemon introduced in the game, over 650 shiny forms, and to get them all is almost impossible.
That said, let’s take a look at the chances of finding a shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Go and see what’s the rarest shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Go.
Pokemon Go Shiny Odds
- The standard shiny rate is 1 in 500
- Shiny Pokemon with Boosted shiny rate of 1 in 62.5. These Pokemon are very rare or never spawn in the wild, Shadow Pokemon, and evolved Pokemon that can be caught in Mega Raids
- Some rare species have a 1 in 125 shiny rate
- Legendary and Mythical Pokemon have a 1 in 20 shiny rate
- Community Day Pokemon have 1 in 25 shiny rate
- Raid Days Pokemon have a 1 in 10 shiny rate
- Limited Research Pokemon have 1 in 10, 1 in 20, or 1 in 40 shiny rate
- Go Fest and Safari Zone Pokemon have a 1 in 62 shiny rate
What’s the Rarest Shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Go?
- Shiny Detective Pikachu
- Shiny Pikachu Libre
- Every Shiny Pikachu with a Hat
- Shiny Unown
- Shiny Rufflet
How many shiny Pokemon do you have? What’s the rarest shiny Pokemon you have? Let us know in the comments below.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!