The First Battlefield 2042 Update Arrives Tomorrow – Patch Notes
Battlefield 2042’s Early Access has not been much fun for hardcore fans as they couldn’t enjoy thoroughly due to the small yet annoying issues. Server lag, rubberbanding, stutters, etc., all of that will most probably be addressed with a minor update tomorrow. Electronic Arts confirmed on Twitter and In-Game that server maintenance starts tomorrow, Thursday, November 18, at 80:00 UTC and will last approximately 1 hour.
This update is supposed to fix a couple of critical issues that have surfaced during the Early Access. There have been plenty of them, and even if the rubberbanding was the culprit for most of the headaches, there are plenty more issues to be addressed. The update will be deployed across all platforms, which means everyone will need to download it. Without further ado, below you can find the detailed patch notes.
Battlefield 2042 #1 Update – Thursday, November 18 – Patch Notes
- Fixes targeted at improving Server Stability and instances of Rubber Banding
- Minidisc Fixes for Hazard Zone, including improvements to Specialist Selection on PC
- Fixes helping to smooth out the experience ahead of World Wide Launch
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- Implemented Server Side upgrades that are targeted at reducing instances of Rubber Banding, often experienced in the later part of a round in All-Out Warfare modes.
- Significantly reduced instances of stuttering when playing on Breakaway. If the Silo’s are destroyed, it should no longer reduce performance on the server.
- A note that we are continuing to investigate similar occurrences that have been reported to us on other maps.
- When looking at allies on your team, their names will now correctly display.
- Adjusted the animations for Falck during the End of Round sequence to ensure that she is displayed correctly.
- Updated a skin earnable for Boris via Mastery Progression with a new name: Gator.
- Ensured that TDM Rounds in Battlefield Portal always start with Random Deploy set as active. We observed that this sometimes wasn’t active when moving from round to round, but have now fixed this.
- Applied a set of measures that ensure the correct number of AI spawn in Custom Battlefield Portal modes using the Free for All preset.
- PC Only – Enabled Specialist Selection in Hazard Zone via mouse interaction, removing the need to lock in your selection with the Spacebar.
- Fixed a rare occurrence in Hazard Zone that would sometimes cause the End of Round flow to not activate correctly, ensuring that the correct amount of bonus XP was awarded.
- Repaired an issue found in Hazard Zone that could cause players to be shown on the Map when they were not visible, or spotted.
- Provided a fix for Hazard Zone players who were not seeing their Extraction Streaks updating correctly.
Tommorrow we'll publish a small update to #Battlefield2042 across all Platforms.
ℹ️ This update provides fixes for critical issues identified prior to the start of Early Access
The update will go live at 0800 UTC. Servers will be offline for 60 Minutes whilst we make changes. pic.twitter.com/bWYaVUDYaX
— Battlefield Direct Communication (@BattlefieldComm) November 17, 2021
Despite the problems, we could all agree that Battlefield 2042 is a very entertaining game. The things you can do with the hovercraft, Sundance’s wingsuit specialty, the grapple hook, and tons of other things… there is just plenty to grasp at once which a clear mind couldn’t process thoroughly.
Just wanting them to make gunfights skillfully the bloom just makes an RNG game it’s ridiculous