Nvidia Driver 496.76 is Now Available, Battlefield 2042 Players Should Download It
Nvidia has released a brand new driver for its GPU cards. Today, Nvidia has released 496.76, which utilizes DLSS and Reflex in Battlefield 2042 for its best gameplay experience and performance. In addition, the driver also offers an improved DLSS technology for Assetto Corsa Competizione, Bright Memory: Infinite, Farming Simulator 22, Hot Wheels Unleashed, and Myth of Empires.
Maybe this will fix the lingering graphic degradation after a couple of matches and hopefully unroot the known Battlefield 2042 issues. Battlefield 2042 must get a good launch day, so getting a smoother gameplay experience is somewhat crucial, and everyone hopes that this driver will do precisely that.
The latest Nvidia driver also adds optimal support for Ruined King, The League of Legends Story. The driver is already available to download through GeForce Experience of Nvidia’s official website.
Nvidia Driver 496.76 Notes
- Includes support for NVIDIA Image Scaling
New Features and Other Changes
- NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings
- Added Image Scaling control to boost application frame rates and increase the level of sharpness, detail, or clarity of images in games and applications.
Game Ready Driver Fixes (For full list of fixes please check out release notes)
- [WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship/WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship]: The games crash on launch. [3409320/3409312]
- [Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint]: Textures in the game may flicker. 
- [Transport Fever]: The game crashes upon launch. 
- Transport Fever 2]: Null pointer exception occurs in the display driver. 
- [Quake 2 RTX]: Image corruption occurs in the blurred (bloom effect) background. 
- [Far Cry 6][DirectX 12][GeFOrce RTX 3070 Ti]: With ULTRA + DXR + HD textures set, the game crashes at 4K. 
- [Detroit Become Human]: Random stuttering/freezing occurs in the game. 
- [Red Dead Redemption 2]: The game crashes with TDR or the system crashes while running the game. 
- [Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War]: The game randomly crashes. 
- [Marvel’s Avengers Xbox Game Pass for PC version]: Game may randomly crash during gameplay 
Game Ready Driver Important Open Issues (For full list of open issues please check out release notes)
- [Supreme Command:Forged Alliance/Supreme Commander 2]: Performance drop when there is mouse movement. 
- [Deathloop][HDR]: TDR/corruption occurs in the game with Windows HDR enabled. If this issue occurs, toggle the Windows HDR setting.
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. 
- [HDR][G-Sync]: Mouse pointer gets stuck after turning on HDR from the Windows Control Panel or after toggling G-Sync from the NVIDIA control panel. 
- To work around, click the mouse (right or left button). The mouse cursor will be sluggish for a few seconds before returning to normal operation.
- [NVIDIA Advanced Optimus][NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. 
- [YouTube]: The YouTube web site randomly displays extreme contrast/gamma while idle or during video playback. 
- [NVIDIA Image Scaling][Desktop]: The screen moves to the upper left corner on cold boot when Image Scaling is applied to the desktop. 
- Do not apply NVIDIA Image Scaling to the desktop. It is intended only for video upscaling or for games which do not run with a scaling resolution unless the same Image Scaling resolution is applied on the desktop.
- [NVIDIA Image Scaling][DirectX 11 video apps]: With Image Scaling enabled, video playback is corrupted or results in a system hang after performing an HDR transition. 
- If HDR is required to be toggled from the Microsoft Control Panel, be sure to switch to a different Image Scaling resolution.
- [NVIDIA Image Scaling]: After performing a clean install or over install over version 496.49, NVIDIA Image Scaling resolutions do not appear in the game. 
- To work around,
- a. Disable HDR in case it’s enabled from the Microsoft Control Panel, enable Image Scaling and apply the Image Scaling resolution on the desktop, and then reboot the system.
- b. If the previous instructions do not work, upgrade to the hotfix driver 496.84.