Trainers, the next Spotlight Hour event in Pokemon Go is for November 23, 2021, featuring Chimchar, Shiny Chimchar, and 2x Catch XP.
Pokemon Go Chimchar Spotlight Hour event starts today, November 23, 2021, from 6 PM to 7 PM local time. During this period, Chimchar can be appearing more often in the wild, there is a higher chance for a shiny, and players will earn double catch XP.
There is one more Spotlight Hour event left for this month, featuring Piplup, shiny Piplup, and 2x Catch Candy on November 30, 2021.
Chimchar Spotlight Hour November 23, 2021 Tips
- Don’t catch any spawns around you for at least 45 minutes before the Spotlight Hour begins. This is because all of these spawns will turn into the Spotlight Hour Pokemon when the event starts
- Find out where the biggest spawn groups in your area are and take advantage of it
- Don’t rely on Lures, unless you’re a rural player. This is because Lures can’t do much to help you grind and the spawns are limited to 1 Pokemon every 3 minutes
- Use the fast catch trick – NOTE: This useful trick doesn’t work on Pokemon that spawns from Incense. What is the fast catch trick?! See below for details
- Walk around constantly
- Excellent throws will get you a ton of XP
- Have as much Pokemon Storage as you can
- Have as many PokeBall as you can
- DON’T APPRAISE JUST GRIND! You will have plenty of time, later on, to decide which Pokemon you need. Have in mind that this is ONE HOUR event
- Have a high-level Buddy to assist with catching
- Mega Evolve a Pokemon for +1 Candy (depends on the Pokemon-type)
- Put all your Pokemon you wanna transfer in a separate tag (remember to EXCLUDE shiny and lucky Pokemon, since they cannot be mass transferred. ENABLE “Expanded group transfer” in the settings to include legendary and mythical Pokemon). Select the whole tag by 5:59. Hit “transfer” at 6:00 and go catch. Double transfer candy is not worth missing out on catching mons, even if it’s just for regular catch XP
Pokemon Go Fast/Quick Catch Trick
- Hold the phone with your hand and use your thumb to tap and hold onto the ball selection circle in the bottom right
- While still holding your thumb on the ball selection circle, slide your thumb from the bottom right towards the bottom left of the screen. If you did this right, the ball icon should slide slightly to the left and change color slightly to a more opaque white
- While keeping your left thumb held down, throw the ball with your right hand. After throwing, you can release your left thumb. If you did this all correctly, the exit button should appear in the top left corner
- As soon as your Pokeball hits the Pokemon, the catch is decided, so you can leave the encounter immediately, skipping the ball rocking and catch screen animations. You can check your inventory to see if you caught it or not, or just click back on the Pokemon on the map. If it disappears, you either caught it or it ran away.
With practice, this becomes very quick and allows you to catch and walk reliably. As a note, Pokemon from incense do not disappear if you use the quick catch method, so if you’re quick-catching from incense, you need to check your inventory after each throw since they don’t disappear until the next pokemon spawns. This is the same for surprise snapshot encounters.
There are a total of five Spotlight Hour events happening this month, and here is the schedule.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!