Nvidia has released a new driver update for their GPUs. Driver 497.09 adds support for the launch of Icarus, which utilizes Nvidia DLSS and Nvidia RTX Global illumination (RTXGI) for better performance and imagery. This driver also provides support for the latest titles Chorus and Halo Infinite.
Furthermore, the driver fixes the Red Dead Redemption 2 and Doom Eternal game crashes and addresses Doom 3 BFG Edition’s corruption on launch. For the complete Nvidia Update 497.09 changelog, check the notes below.
Nvidia Driver 497.09 Changelog
New Features and Other Changes
Added support for the GeForce RTX 2060 12GB
Game Ready Driver Fixes (For full list of fixes please check out release notes)
- [Red Dead Redemption 2/Doom Eternal]: The game crashes with TDR or the system crashes while running the game. 
- [Doom 3 BFG Edition]: The games shows corruption upon launch. 
- [YouTube]: The YouTube web site randomly displays extreme contrast/gamma while idle or during video playback. 
- [NVIDIA Image Scaling]: After performing a clean install or over install over version 496.49, NVIDIA Image Scaling resolutions do not appear in the game. 
- Games do not launch correctly on GeForce GTX 750 Ti when NVIDIA Image Scaling is enabled. 
- [Notebook]: Black screen may be observed on some Optimus notebooks with 1440p/165hz panels when in discrete GPU mode. 
- [Notebook]: eDP panel cannot be lit when booting to the desktop after switching to discrete mode. 
- Using Adaptive Vertical Sync while G-SYNC is enabled may result in random black screen. 
Game Ready Driver Important Open Issues (For full list of open issues please check out release notes)
- [Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition]: After attempting to change resolutions, the resolution does not change and the game falls out of IFlip mode.  \
- To apply the new resolution, press Alt+Tab.
- [Supreme Command:Forged Alliance/Supreme Commander 2]: Performance drop when there is mouse movement. 
- [Deathloop][HDR]: TDR/corruption occurs in the game with Windows HDR enabled.
- If this issue occurs, toggle the Windows HDR setting.
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. 
- In multi-monitor configurations, the screen may display random black screen flicker. 
- [HDR][G-Sync]: Mouse pointer gets stuck after turning on HDR from the Windows Control Panel or after toggling G-Sync from the NVIDIA control panel. 
- To work around, click the mouse (right or left button). The mouse cursor will be sluggish for a few seconds before returning to normal operation.
- [NVIDIA Advanced Optimus][NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. 
- [NVIDIA Image Scaling][Desktop]: The screen moves to the upper left corner on cold boot when Image Scaling is applied to the desktop. 
- Do not apply NVIDIA Image Scaling to the desktop. It is intended only for video upscaling or for games which do not run with a scaling resolution unless the same Image Scaling resolution is applied on the desktop.
- [NVIDIA Image Scaling][DirectX 11 video apps]: With Image Scaling enabled, video playback is corrupted or results in a system hang after performing an HDR transition. 
If HDR is required to be toggled from the Microsoft Control Panel, be sure to switch to a different Image Scaling resolution.
As always, you can download this update through the Nvidia GeForce Experience application or from Nvidia’s official download page.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there! The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!