Trainers, Niantic and Pokemon Go are celebrating the Holiday Season with a new Holiday Cup 2021, and this time you’ll have to use specific Pokemon types with 1,500 Max CP per Pokemon.
As part of the holiday celebrations, Niantic has launched the Holiday Cup with a few new restrictions, something that makes the whole PvP battles more exciting.
Starting today, December 16, 2021, until December 31, 2021, players will have a chance to participate in the Pokemon Go Holiday Cup. Only Normal-, Grass-, Electric-, Ice-, Flying- and Ghost-type Pokemon are allowed, with Max CP per Pokemon: 1,500 CP.
That said, as long as your Pokemon Go team meets these requirements, you can participate in the competition. Many players are wondering what’s the best Pokemon team to use for the Holiday Cup 2021, and thanks to the Pokemon Go community, we might have the best teams lineups.
Keep in mind that this is based on our opinions, and you can choose different Pokemon if you like.
Best Holiday Cup Team Pokemon Go
- Pachirisu – Volt Switch/Thunder Punch/ThunderBolt
- Altaria – Dragon Breath/Sky Attack/Moonblast
- Castform (Snowy) – Powder Snow/Weather Ball/Blizzard
- Magnezone (Shadow) – Spark/Wild Charge/Mirror Shot
- Alolan Graveler – Volt Switch/Stone Edge/Rock Blast
- Wigglytuff – Charm/Ice Beam/Play Rough
- Talonflame – Incinerate/Brave Bird/Flame Charge
- Diggersby XL – Mud Shot/Fire Punch/Earthquake
- Alolan Ninetales – Charm/Weather Ball/Psyshock
- Dewgong – Ice Shard/Icy Wind/Water Pulse
- Lanturn – Spark/Thunderbolt/Hydro Pump
- Obstagoon – Counter/Night Slash/Cross Chop
- Skarmory – Air Slash/Brave Bird/Sky Attack
- Froslass – Powder Snow/Avalanche/Shadow Ball
- Alolan Sandslash – Powder Snow/Ice Punch/Bulldoze
- Vigoroth – Counter/Body Slam/Bulldoze
- Alolan Marowak – Fire Spin/Shadow Bone/Bone Club
- Trevenant – Shadow Claw/Seed Bomb/Shadow Ball
- Mandibuzz – Snarl/Foul Play/Aerial Ace
- Charizard – Fire Spin/Dragon Claw/Blast Burn
- Stunfisk – Thunder Shock/Mud Bomb/Discharge
- Ho-Oh – Incinerate/Brave Bird/Earthquake
- Abomasnow – Powder Snow/Weather Ball/Energy Ball
- Lapras – Ice Shard/Surf/Skull Bash
- Electivire – Thunder Shock/Wild Charge/Ice Punch
- Snorlax – Lick/Body Slam/Superpower
- Dedenne – Thunder Shock/Discharge/Play Rough
- Piloswine – Powder Snow.Avalanche/Stone Edge
- Zangoose – Shadow Claw/Close Combat/Night Slash
- Zapdos – Thunder Shock/Drill Peck/Thunderbolt
As per PvPoke and their analysis.
Best Pokemon Teams
- Skarmory, Lanturn, and Diggersby
- Alolan Graveler, Altaria and Trevenant
- Obstagoon, Stunfisk, and Talonflame
- Alolan Ninetales, Pachirisu, and Sableye
We would kindly ask you to use our suggestions (if you want of course) and report back on how the battle went.
Which Pokemon would you use the most? Tell us in the comments below.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there! The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!