On Thursday, the developer EA DICE has decided to provide some of the map changes coming to Battlefield 2042. These have all the same purpose, and that is an improved and enhanced battle experience, especially in 128-player modes. Thanks to the player feedback, the developer can easily pinpoint which portion of the maps should be slightly altered but also cut down on the delivery of the armored vehicles so that infantry players could enjoy playing the game.
Tuning down the combat intensity is definitely what the game needed, no matter how deep we’re into Battlefield 2042’s cycle. In a recent blog post, EA seems ready to take whatever steps are necessary to improve the player experience in Battlefield 2042. If you’re a hardcore fan, I’d suggest you follow the link and read about all of the upcoming map changes.
The developer talked about Traversal, Cover and Line of Sight, Combat Intensity, and Paths.
Upcoming Battlefield 2042 changes
In the writing below, we have managed to collect and merge some of the important things coming to the game.
- Shorter travel time between Base Spawn and Flags, with a solution to reduce the overall travel time between these areas by moving them closer.
- The developer is looking for a possible increase in the number of active transport vehicles on the map.
Cover and Line of Sight
- Combine map changes for safer travel between flags, giving the players a chance to take a breath behind a cover if ambushed.
- New objects will be implemented across the maps so that endangered players can take cover, but also improve the immersion.
- Tune down the combat intensity by reducing the number of attack vehicles and helicopters in 128 player modes. This leaves only 2 tanks and 2 attack helicopters available at disposal instead of 3.
- Increase the cooldown for attack vehicles and helicopters from 60 to 120 seconds.
- Both MD540 Nightbird and MC5 Bolte will be moved from transport to attack vehicle category.
- Paths between Flags will become clearer but also line up with the new Cover assets. This would allow both Armored Vehicles and Infantry have more unique and fair battles.
If you are a video game developer and you have a submission to make, you can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org