Lost Ark, the MMOARPG that has shaken the world has fallen quite a lot in popularity. It might not have the strongest player numbers, but it does have a healthy community. Those who have dedicated their time to this game are likely to continue playing it, considering the new and upcoming content that’s about to shuffle in from the Korean region.
It’s that time of the week, and it’s time for a complete weekly reset. The developer behind Lost Ark, Smilegate RPG, and Amazon Games have prepared something new that’s about to come with the weekly reset on March 24th.
The servers are expected to go down for weekly maintenance at 12AM PT (7AM UTC) with expected downtime of 8 hours.
A reminder that the weekly maintenance downtime will begin at 12AM PT (7AM UTC) on March 24, with an expected downtime of 8 hours.
— Lost Ark (@playlostark) March 24, 2022
Lost Ark March 24 Weekly Reset Patch Notes
Honing Materials, Events, and the kick-off of the competitive proving grounds season will all take place on March 24. Below you can find everything in detail.
CASUAL GUARDIAN RAID EVENT
Enjoy Guardian Raids in a more casual way! Relax, play, and get honing rewards. ‘Scale of Balance’ is applied to change the character’s stats to match the Guardian’s level, and the difficulty is adjusted according to the number of participants in the raid. Players will be able to challenge Helgaia, Frost Helgaia, Lumerus, Ur’Nil, Vertus, Chromanium, Nacrasena, Dark Legoros, Icy Legoros, Calventus, and Levanos! This event will last for roughly a month, and players with item level 250 or above will be able to participate.
Similar to the Grand Prix, you can enter once a day (per roster) and earn event specific coins to spend on rewards at a new vendor. Completing the Raid during the week will grant 200 coins, and a weekend win will grant 300 coins. This vendor can be found in major cities beside the entrance to this new activity, and will be fully stocked with Tier 1, 2, & 3 honing material chests, Metallurgy & Tailoring Books (used to increase honing rates), and a T3 Gem chest— available to be nabbed every week until the event ends.
COMPETITIVE PROVING GROUNDS SEASON 1
Competitive Proving Grounds Season 1 will launch this week, releasing on March 24 in the weekly update. Players will be able to queue solo for the ‘Team Deathmatch’ mode, battling each other for prestige and rewards. As you win and lose Competitive matches throughout the season, you can track your ‘Competitive Match Average Score’. Your rank is determined by your score, as are the rewards you receive when the season ends. To participate, players will need to reach Tier 1 in Proving Grounds, so make sure you start practicing before the season begins later this week!
Alongside the grades and tiers present in Lost Ark since launch, new Competitive ranks can be achieved. As players increase their ‘Competitive Match Average Score’, ranks will be attained as the score thresholds listed below are met. The ranks players can earn (based on ‘Competitive Match Average Score’) are:
- Grand Master: Top 30 players in the region
- Master: Top 31 – 100 players in the region
- Diamond: 2000+
- Platinum: 1800 – 1999
- Gold: 1600 – 1799
- Silver: 1400 – 1599
- Bronze: 1399 or below
Players in Korea received gifts to commemorate the western launch of the game, and we wanted everyone to be included. We’re so grateful for all of you who have joined us on the start of this adventure and we’re excited about the long future ahead! To help you on this journey with us, enjoy a gift full of fun cosmetics and useful materials. The gift includes:
- New Animal Skin Selection Chest
- Mokokon Pet Selection Chest
- Moko-board Mount Selection Chest
- Lost Ark United Structure
- Appearance Change Ticket
- Pheons x132
- Menelik’s Tome x5
- Legendary Card Pack Selection Chest x2
While we’ve decided to hold off on the Jukebox songs announced last week (as that content has not yet made its way to the western version of Lost Ark), alongside the items listed above, we’re excited to announce an additional gift for players focused on honing!
When opening each chest, players can choose between the options listed below it.
- 5 Leapstone Selection Chests
- Harmony Leapstone x50
- Life Leapstone x50
- Honor Leapstone x30
- 6 Guardian Stone Selection Chests
- Guardian Stone Fragment x1000
- Guardian Stone x1000
- Guardian Stone Crystal x200
- 2 Destruction Stone Selection Chests
- Destruction Stone Fragment x1000
- Destruction Stone x1000
- Destruction Stone Crystal x200
- 1 Honing Special Material Selection Chest
- T1 Metallurgy Book x2 & Tailoring Book x10
- T2 Metallurgy Book x2 & Tailoring Book x10
- 2 Fusion Material Selection Chests
- Caldarr Fusion Material x50
- Simple Oreha Fusion Material x25
GENERAL UPDATES & FIXES
ARKESIA GRAND PRIX REWARD ADJUSTMENTS
- Added Metallurgy & Tailoring Books (used to increase honing rates) to the weekly reward table.
- Increased quantities of weekly honing materials to ensure players are rewarded for participation.
- Destruction Stone Crystal (Bound) is now in bundles of 50 and can be redeemed up to 10 times.
- Guardian Stone Crystal (Bound) is now in bundles of 150 and can be redeemed up to 10 times.
- Increased coins earned to make purchasing the new items and snagging the rewards you want easier. Chaos Dungeons and Guardian raids now grant 125 coins (instead of 100) for the first two daily completions per character. The Grand Prix itself can now award up to 888 coins for a daily completion, up from 800.
NEW FRAUD & BOT PREVENTION SYSTEM
We are continuing to listen to player concerns and take a hard stance against bots. In this update, we’ve included a new prevention system to crack down on bots and fraudulent purchases. Players who have a Steam account in good standing and have met the small purchase requirement needed to use Steam’s social systems shouldn’t be impacted. Players who have not met this ‘Trusted’ status through Steam or Lost Ark will have reduced access to a small number of social and economic systems. Specifically, these accounts will have smaller daily Steam purchase limits than ‘Trusted’ players and be prevented from:
- Initiating player-to-player trades (requests can still be received)
- Sending in-game gifts
- Exchanging Royal Crystals for Gold
- Sending in-game mail with attachments
- Added clearer messaging on failed purchases.
- Updated and improved localization and in-game translations.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to accept the quest “Off to the Races” without being level 50.
- Fixed voice chat related issues in the South America region.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Adventure Island rewards to only be claimable once during the weekend.
- Fixed an issue with the World Boss Achievement. Players that earned this achievement previously will now see it completed.
So, are you excited about the new reset? Let us know in the comments below!
If you are a video game developer and you have a submission to make, you can mail us at [email protected]