The features for the PlayStation VR2 have been revealed during the Game Developers Conference 2022 by Bria Williams a Senior Product Manager of AR/VR at Unity.
The GDC 2022 took place from March 21, 2022, to March 25, 2022, at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco, California. During the event, Bria Williams Sr. Product Manager AR/VR, Fabien Houlmann Sr. Graphics Developer AR/VR, Dave Ruddell Manager of XR Input and Interactions, and Jono Forbes XR Workflows Tech Lead talked about building next-gen games for PS VR2 with Unity and PS VR2 features.
The video below is long and they do tell a lot about the PS VR2. Feel free to watch it and tell us what you think about it.
PS VR2 Features
- PS VR2 is PlayStation’s Next Generation
- Enables a great sense of presence
- Allow players to immerse into the gaming world
- Heightened range of sensations
- High fidelity visual experience
- 4k HDR
- 110-degree field of view
- Foveated rendering
- Can expect a display resolution of 2000 by 2040 per eye and smooth frame rates of 90 or 120 hertz
- Headset Based controller
- Sense Tech
- Eye-tracking headset
- Provides a new level of realism
- Can run at different frame rates
- Can render at 60 frames per second and reproject the frames at 120 hertz
The video is not listed on Unity’s official YT account, so we recommend checking it out below.
If you are a video game developer and you have a submission to make, you can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org