Ubisoft is looking for an Engineering Manager to join their studio for an ambitious new game IP in Stockholm, Sweden. It looks like this might be a collaboration with other international studios.
Ubisoft Sweden is hiring a full-time Engineering Manager that will be joining the studio project management team and managing associate producers, project coordinators, programming teams within animation, rendering, and systems. Ubisoft is looking for a Lead Game Designer to work with Action & Combat systems and mechanics for an ambitious New Game IP in Stockholm Sweden.
Here is the announcement:
Engineering Manager [New Game IP]
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Flexible Working Organization: Hybrid
Have you worked as an engineer but find more joy in managing people? Do you find excitement in taking a feature from planning through to delivery? Send us a message today!
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our studio for an ambitious new game IP here in Stockholm Sweden.
As Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the engineers at the studio and oversee the delivery of the tech cell. With your experience as a leader, you will create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking and cohesive team effort. You will also work closely with your peers and Tech Directors to establish product vision, goal and general quality and follow agile methodologies that best fit the teams to drive your work forward.
Our highest ambition is to give passionate teams and individuals the freedom and trust they need to succeed in a creative and exciting environment. We encourage people to make conscious choices and decisions, poke holes in existing plans, and express what they need to be successful.
In this role, you’ll be joining the studio project management team which is further divided into separate cells. Overseeing the tech cell, you will manage associate producers, project coordinators, programming teams within animation, rendering & systems. The role itself will report directly to the Production Director.
In this role you will…
As a leader
- Manage the administrative monitoring of the discipline (e.g. absence planning and validation and business trips planning)
- Identify recruitment needs and participate in the recruitment & onboarding process
- Do regular One-on-One talks with team members to gather needs and give feedback
- Define team member development and career path opportunities with team members and mentor them to achieve goals.
- Take care of performance ratings and provide constant transparency for it with our internal tools
- Anticipate and recognize potential team related risks & conflicts and recommend solutions to management
As a project manager
- Co-drive the development of the vision & roadmap within the cell.
- Create and follow-up on staffing plans and budgets for your teams.
- Oversee delivery for general tech architecture and infrastructure to support the continued development of the project, including tools and pipelines.
- Work with the wider project management team and other management groups with Workflow Improvements and Production Optimizations
- Collaborate with Producers to remove potential blockers and to ensure alignment and smooth communication throughout the project
We would love if you…
- Have great interpersonal skills combined with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Are an experienced manager with a particular interest in building strong teams and driving their skill development.
- Have an affinity with technology and ability to grasp technical issues on a high level.
- Show integrity in everything you do, and you are familiar with handling people at all levels and enjoy making all process smoother for the developers.
- Are highly supportive; you are comfortable with taking initiative and finding creative solutions to complex problems.
- Have experience and the ability to collaborate with multiple international teams.
- You are used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
Apply to make it yours
Read more about us at https://stockholm.ubisoft.com/
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.