Trainers, Niantic and Pokemon Go disabled the weather effect in the game for six months now, and there is still no word if they’re going to fix the issues and enable the weather-related visual effects.
The weather effects were causing problems in Pokemon Go, so Niantic has temporarily disabled them back on December 8, 2021. It has been six months since the change, and most players want to know what’s the status of this. Well, nothing is changing at the moment, and the weather effects are not in the game.
Niantic and Pokemon Go announced the weather feature on December 6, 2017, and released it on December 8, 2017. On the same day, they released 50 Pokemon originally discovered in the Hoenn region, and real-world weather conditions in Map View, in battle, and when catching Pokemon. The weather in Pokemon Go matched the weather in your local area and different types of weather will boost different types of Pokemon.
Pokemon Go Weather Boost
- Clear weather attracts Grass-type, Ground-type, and Fire-type Pokemon
- Cloudy weather attracts Fairy-type, Fighting-type, and Poison-type Pokemon
- Foggy weather attracts Ghost-type and Dark-type Pokemon
- Partly Cloudy weather attracts Normal-type and Rock-type Pokemon
- Rainy weather attracts Water-type, Electric-type, and Bug-type Pokemon
- Snowy weather attracts Ice-type and Steel-type Pokemon
- Sunny/Clear weather attracts Grass-type, Ground-type, and Fire-type Pokemon
- Windy weather attracts Dragon-type, Flying-type, and Psychic-type Pokemon
Trainers, we’ve temporarily disabled some weather-related visual effects in Pokémon GO as we investigate a bug. Gameplay will only be visually affected.
— Niantic Support (@NianticHelp) December 8, 2021
What are your thoughts about this? Do you miss the weather effects and do you want them to fix them and enable them again?