Over the past few days, we have seen Bohemia Interactive in action, trying to reimburse whatever they couldn’t succeed with the release of Arma Reforger. With the latest Arma Reforger update, and I am talking strictly on PC, it seems that disconnection issues are still lingering, despite the deployed fixes and actions against it. That is exactly why in the latest Arma Reforger Dev report, Bohemia decided to shine a light on what’s been causing them and how they’re planning to alleviate the same.
As Bohemia stated, disconnections are caused due to desynchronization during matches. “Our main focus here is to improve network traffic and fix desynchronizations during gameplay, since those are the primary cause for disconnections you may have experienced. Our secondary objective is to improve connectivity to servers and the usage of mods.” said Bohemia in their latest intelligence piece. Furthermore, they stated that this is their primary focus since it causes so much inconvenience among the players.
This still remains the most attractive issue, as Arma Reforger players couldn’t enjoy plating an entire Conflict without being sent back to the main menu. This indirectly stresses servers due to the amount of reconnects since everyone wants to continue from where he left. New feedback has been collected, expected to help the company deal with all these problems in the coming period.
Among other things, Bohemia will also deploy other patches that will address the following:
- Fixing the saving upon exiting and the continue-feature
- Fixing enemy nicknames being visible in direct speech communications
- Fixing the incorrect first-person camera position on AI characters
- Adding better spawn protection for Conflict and other game modes
In other upcoming changes, Bohemia Interactive highlighted other additional fixes that are their secondary objective. Those are:
- Fixes to rendering artifacts while using Picture-in-Picture weapons scopes or the inventory menu (these should also fix some flashing textures, bright artifacts, and very dark building interiors)
- Added inverted control options on gamepads and fixed audio issues on Xbox
- Improved canceling of binding input actions on PC
If you are a video game developer and you have a submission to make, you can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org