Nvidia Driver 516.40 Now Available, Optimized Performance for Fall Guys: Free for All and more
It also adds support for Windows 11 22H2.
A new GPU driver has been released by Nvidia. This new Game Ready GPU driver is titled 516.40, and it focuses on delivering optimized performance in Fall Guys: Free For All, which will release on June 21st. The update also prepares the strings for the release of ray tracing updates for Jurassic World Evolution 2, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, and Resident Evil 7.
As announced by Nvidia, this update is fully available and represents a recommended build for both Windows 10 and Windows 11. Furthermore, this update brings optimizations and enhancements for the latest title updates. Game Ready Drivers include optimizations, enhancements, and more, to support the latest releases and newest title updates. For more details on the changes, keep reading or visit the official release notes page.
Nvidia Driver 516.40 Changelog
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for Fall Guy: Free for All. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest releases and updates including the addition of NVIDIA Reflex in ICARUS and the introduction of ray tracing to Jurassic World Evolution 2, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, and Resident Evil 7.
- Jurassic World Evolution 2: Frontier’s critically acclaimed dinosaur park sim was released late last year with support for NVIDIA DLSS. Yesterday, a new game update launched alongside the Jurassic World Evolution 2: Dominion Biosyn Expansion, introducing Ray-Traced Ambient Occlusion (RTAO) effects, making dinosaurs and your carefully-crafted dino parks look even better.
- ICARUS: RocketWerkz’s 8-player co-op PvE survival game is introducing support for NVIDIA Reflex this month, making gameplay more responsive by reducing end-to-end system latency. Learn more here.
- Resident Evil 2, 3 & 7: Capcom has returned to the much-loved Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, and Resident Evil 7 Biohazard PC releases to add Ray-Traced Global Illumination (RTGI) and Ray-Traced Reflections in a series of free updates, making each game more immersive and realistic. Download the updates today and experience the games at their best with GeForce RTX graphics cards, desktops and laptops, and our new Game Ready Driver.
- Added support for Windows 11 22H2.
- Added support for CUDA 11.7.
Fixed Issues in Version 516.40 WHQL
- [Enscape] Shadows may not be rendered correctly. 
- [Advanced Optimus] Brightness settings are not getting applied correctly on certain Lenovo
- Club 3D CAC-1085 dongle limited to maximum resolution of 4K at 60Hz. 
Open Issues in Version 516.40 WHQL
As with every released driver, version 516.40 WHQL of the Release 515 driver has open issues and enhancement requests associated with it. This section includes lists of issues that are either not fixed or not implemented in this version. Some problems listed may not have been thoroughly investigated and, in fact, may not be NVIDIA issues. Others may have workaround solutions. Note: You may encounter issues installing the NVIDIA Control Panel from the Windows Store. See Issues Installing the NVIDIA Control Panel from the Windows Store for more information. For notebook computers, issues can be system-specific and may not be seen on your particular notebook.
- Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is
- [GeForce RTX 3090 Ti] HP Reverb G2/Oculus Rift S/Pimax 8Kx is not detected.
- Videos played back in Microsoft Edge may appear green if NVIDIA Image Scaling is enabled
upon resuming from hibernate or booting with fastboot. 
- Release 515 Driver for Windows, Version 516.40 RN-08399-516.40_v01 | 13
- [DirectX 12] Shadowplay recordings may appear over exposed when Use HDR is enabled
from the Windows display settings. 
- [Assassin’s Creed Origins] Game displays flicker when character is under water near a boat.
- Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled. 
Over 250 games and applications already support RTX technologies, and adoption of RTX is getting ever-faster, so if you want the speediest performance, the smoothest gameplay, and the highest-fidelity ray-traced effects, ensure your system is powered by GeForce RTX, and optimized with the latest Game Ready Driver.
As always, this update is already available for download throughout the GeForce Experience, or through Nvidia’s official download page.