Once upon a time, Squad was born. The game needed modernizing and honestly, it was a very big inquiry for the developer. The shooter that started with basically nothing, now corresponds with everything needed for a perfect military operation. Thanks to the new update, Squad will get amphibious vehicles and enrich the family of already accessible vehicles. The new update is called Amphibious Assault, and it’s also classified as 3.0.
Squad 3.0 Details
Briefly, let’s go through the details of this new update.
But that’s not only it. A new faction will also join the game to help you out in delivering the perfect invasions. That’s the Marine forces, which expertise with amphibious is immeasurable. All of the players using this faction will be available to use seven new vehicles and five new weapons.
Squad’s new map, Black Coast, which is set on the windy coastal hills of the Black Sea, highlights new amphibious gameplay with attackers launching their assault from a massive oceanbound aircraft carrier to secure beachhead forward operating bases. Amphibious Assault also adds a new amphibious-focused training ground map and updates five current Squad maps to use the new gameplay feature.
To celebrate this new update, Squad is discounted by 33% in the Steam Summer Sale. Squad is currently available for PC on Steam.
As a celebration of the new update, the developer published a new video where the amphibious action is entirely depicted. You can watch the video in the YouTube player embedded below.
Offworld Industries releases Amphibious Assault, the latest free update for their large-scale combined arms multiplayer first-person shooter, Squad. With a new faction, map, music, and game features, Amphibious Assault is the largest update released yet for the rapidly growing community of Squad players.
Squad 3.0 – Amphibious Assault Patch Notes
- New Faction: marine forces – This brand new faction to Squad focuses on amphibious assault and combined arms tactics.
- Seven Faction Vehicles: RHIB Watercraft, M1151 Light Jeep, MATV Armored Car, AAVP7-A1 Armored Personnel Carrier, LAV-25A2 Armored Reconnaissance Vehicle, M1A1 Main Battle Tank, UH1Y Transport Helicopter
- Five New Weapons: Including the M16A4 Full Length Rifle, M4 Carbine Rifle, SMAW Anti Tank, M9 Pistol, and Fragmentation Grenade
- Amphibious Assault: Previously impassable river and ocean terrain can now be crossed. Vehicles with amphibious capabilities can traverse bodies of deep water expanding players’ tactical and strategic options
- New Map: Black Coast
- Black Coast is set on the rocky, windswept shores of the Black Sea. Nestled between foothills and fertile farmland, the gameplay of Squad’s newest map will focus on amphibious power. Defenders must repel the invaders and prevent forces from securing a beachhead for further military operations.This map features an aircraft carrier main base focused on highlighting the new amphibious mechanics.
- Five Updated Maps: Existing maps with new amphibious features enabled:
- Goose bay
- New Training Map: Welcome to the Pacific Proving Grounds.
- Getting Dirty: Mud will now accumulate on the front of players’ uniforms.
- New main menu music: A brand new track from Squad composer Scott Tobin
- Canadian Vehicles: the update adds Coyote Recon Vehicle and CH146 Transport Helicopter to the Canadian Armed Forces Faction
- Amphibious Vehicles: The following vehicles are now amphibious:
- MTLB APC (RUS/MEA/MIL/INS)
- BRDM2 Armored Car (RUS/MEA/MIL/INS)
- BTR80 + BTR82A IFV (RUS/MEA/MIL/INS)
- BMP1 IFV (MEA/MIL/INS)
- BMP2 IFV (RUS/MEA)
If you are a video game developer and you have a submission to make, you can mail us at email@example.com