The Unliving is a dark fantasy action RPG coming to Steam later this year. More precisely, on October 31, the initial announcement has been shifted for just 5 days, when The Unliving will enter its Early Access period on Steam. The Unliving will feature procedurally generated worlds with endless runs and tons of enemies, artifacts, and secrets.
In a recent press release, Team 17 stated:
The Unliving brings together an unholy alliance of roguelite and real-time strategy gameplay to the genre, creating a unique experience that places players in command of their very own army as a powerful necromancer who reanimates fallen foes and commands them to join the ever-growing and sinister horde of undead. In the procedurally generated environments of The Unliving, death is only the beginning; with each failed attempt the Necromancer returns ever stronger, with new knowledge and skills, and a rekindled desire to bring down his fury on the living.
The Unliving Key Features:
- Turn enemies into obedient undead minions: Reincarnate fallen foes into loyal soldiers that obey every command
- Sacrifice the undead: The Necromancer can sacrifice members of his undead legions to release powerful spells that can change the course of the battle
- Enjoy hand-drawn levels: The world of The Unliving is procedurally generated from a selection of meticulously crafted and highly detailed pixel art
- Death is only the beginning: Through each permadeath players will be resurrected, keeping their progression and unlocks, each attempt better equipping the Necromancer to take on the challenges that lurk in the shadows
- Overcome gruelling bosses: Powerful creatures prowl the wilderness, waiting for their chance to take down the Necromancer, each boasts its own fighting style and abilities, requiring strategic gameplay to overcome
- Unlock the secrets of necromancy: Cryptic notes, coerced information, and ancient artifacts will be instrumental in piecing together the truth behind the necromancer’s immortality, and the unnatural abilities he wields