Yager is ready to deploy yet another update for its first-person looter-shooter, The Cycle: Frontier. The Cycle Frontier patch 1.3.8 is scheduled to release tomorrow, July 20. A new code that is seemingly ready to shuffle things around and improve the gameplay experience for everyone by fixing bugs and issues. In the patch notes, Yager did not forget to mention the anti-cheat performance, and its improvement queried to arrive with tomorrow’s delivery.
There are multiple changes queued, including a nerf to the PvP mission requirements. That means they will be nerfed once more, and the values in the current guides on our site might not be reflected correctly. Nevertheless, the objectives should remain the same and hopefully guide you to success.
Furthermore, this update adjusts the Bulldog, reworks the recoil pattern of the Advocate, and slightly alters other existing weapons too. Below you can find the complete list of patch notes announced for arrival with tomorrow’s 1.3.8.
The Cycle Frontier 1.3.8 Patch Notes
It is time for the next update. Patch 1.3.8 is here, and we have a bunch of fixes and changes for you. Huh, 1.3.8? Didn’t we skip a few numbers? Yes and no. Some stuff is too small for a full patch, like quick hotfixes and ninja updates that don’t require maintenance. Those still get a version number though, hence the discrepancy between the last patch and this one. Hope that’ll clear up some confusion!
- We have reduced some of the PVP mission requirements.
- Kills required in the adjusted missions now require 1 or 2 fewer victims.
- A similar change to PvE: we have tweaked some of the numbers for mid and late-game hunting missions.
- Epic Shield: Reduced Smart Mesh and Hardened Bone Plates requirement from 3 to 2.
- Laser Drill Beacon: Reduced Smart Mesh requirement from 4 to 2.
- After further analyzing our data on PvP encounters, the maximum number of players active on an instance has been reduced by 1, for both maps.
- We have tinkered with our matchmaking to protect fresh players better and to increase the challenge for good squad players. This adjustment will also slightly adjust the experience for good solo players.
- We’ve given Jeff, our beloved Marauder, a brand-new attack. Watch out for his antics.
- Players in the tutorial will now wear blue armor instead of green armor. A dead recruit isn’t a great recruit after all.
- Weapon Adjustments
- Bulldog: Increased spread by 30%.
- Advocate: Reworked the recoil pattern.
- Horizontal recoil does not go back and forth like a feral animal anymore.
- Kor-47: Reduced initial vertical recoil. Vertical recoil is more consistent.
- ASP Flechette Gun: Reduced horizontal recoil. Vertical recoil is slightly increased for the second half of the magazine.
- Voltaic Brute: Reduced horizontal recoil. Vertical recoil is slightly increased for the second half of the magazine.
- We have fixed an exploit in the final area of the Crusher Caverns.
- Fixed some specific cases where the audio profile of a player did not reset when exiting a cave.
- Fixed an issue where a Crusher’s projectile would just remain stuck on them after being shot in their weak spot. The pain dishing will resume appropriately.
- Fixed an issue with the pathfinding of Striders. They finally learned to read a map.
- Fixed an issue that would appear when skipping Tech Tree upgrades.
- Fixed an issue where sounds just disappeared, like the cries of a helpless Prospector lost in the vacuum of space.
- Improved server performance and applied a fix for server crashes. Your overall experience should be smoother now.
- A couple more fixes were applied previously, so just in case you’ve missed them:
- Players who owned the Ronin in the previous version of the game will now have access to all their outfit pieces.
- Players who owned the Troublemaker in the previous version of the game will now have access to all their outfit pieces.
- After reviewing our data, we have reduced some detection thresholds for our internal anti-cheat measures. Reducing these thresholds means the security gets tightened.
- The Biker Queen image shows black hair, though she has white hair.
- A Player Quarter upgrade may take longer than expected, this can take up to 24h longer than usual.
- We have changed the Player Support tool in the game already, but it is currently not possible to send us tickets on the website.
If you are a video game developer and you have a submission to make, you can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org