The long-awaited World of Warcraft Classic expansion, Wrath of the Lich King has a release date. On Monday, Blizzard announced that Wrath of the Lich King arrives on September 26, 2022, with a couple of changes that will differ from the original experience back in the days. As a celebration of the announcement, Blizzard published a Release Date Trailer that can be found at the top of this article.
Northrend will once again be crowded with heroes of the Horde and the Alliance that will be ready to overcome any difficulties imposed by the evil rulers within the zone. From dungeons to raids and tons of achievements, including a new profession, the complete details for the upcoming Classic expansion can be found below.
As confirmed before, fresh server transfers will be forbidden for at least 3 months after the launch, which means players will need to choose their realm and faction very wisely. As stated by Blizzard, this is planned for a thoughtful and equal playing field for all the players. Therefore, these restrictions will apply to everyone and will last for 90 days before the character transfers open.
World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King Classic Release Details
Embark on a treacherous journey through the wintry forests and snowy peaks of Northrend once more. Confront the Lich King on his Frozen Throne and push back the Scourge before Azeroth is overrun by his undead minions.
Rediscover the joys of exploration and relive the dangers of Northrend when World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ goes live beginning September 26 at 3pm PDT globally.
The Lich King, Arthas Menethil, sits in the ominous Icecrown Citadel scheming to claim the world as his own—a plan that threatens all life on Azeroth. Heroes of the Alliance and Horde must stand against the malevolent being who dares to declare himself the one true king of Azeroth…and seeks to scour all life from the world.
Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ will thrill both veterans and newcomers with a host of improved features and content to explore:
- The Grim Frozen North – Heroes will begin their journey in one of two zones in Northrend—Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord—and adventure through some of the most epic vistas and beloved storylines in all of Warcraft before breaching the seat of the Lich King’s power in Icecrown.
- The Rise of Death Knights – Available to both factions and starting at level 55, Death Knights—World of Warcraft’s first hero class—harness the powers of darkness to help combat the evil that threatens Azeroth. While Death Knights are limited to one per server and require a level 55 character on that server to create, in Wrath Classic, we will be bypassing that requirement for a player’s first Death Knight.
- New Profession—Inscription – This new profession allows players to scribe mystical glyphs that modify the properties of spells and abilities (cooldowns, damage, etc.), and craft powerful trinkets and off-hand items.
- Achievements Unlocked – Achievements are coming to WoW Classic, giving players new rewards for their exploits and accomplishments.
- Dungeons & Raids – Relive seminal 5-player dungeons like Azjol-Nerub and the Culling of Stratholme, and lay siege to Naxxramas as a 25- or 10-player raid—an update of its original iteration as a 40-player raid in pre-expansion World of Warcraft.
- Included With Existing World of Warcraft Subscriptions – As with previous WoW Classic releases, anyone who subscribes to World of Warcraft can also play Wrath of the Lich King Classic at no additional cost.
If you are a video game developer and you have a submission to make, you can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org