After 30 years Cannon Dancer is making a comeback with hot release on Modern Consoles
ININ Games is happy to announce that Cannon Dancer by Mitchell Corp. is coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 (PS4), PlayStation 5 (PS5), and Xbox for the first time ever, with a planned release in Q1 2023.
Cannon Dancer is an Action Jump & Run set in a dystopian late 21st century, in which the world is under the control of a single federal government. One day, a new threat known as “Abdullah the Slaver” – an evil sorceress who wants to take control of the world – appears, causing widespread terror and panic. This fear incites the abandonment of all economic activity and corruption in the government, which now undermines the foundations of society itself. Judicial Affairs Director, Jack Layzon, fears the worst and summons a lone assassin.
Originally only released for arcade machines in Japan and North America, ININ Games unearthed the game and will bring it to consoles as a digital download version for the first time ever – with a brand-new translation, additional features, and more.
For all fans and collectors looking for a physical copy, Strictly Limited Games is preparing limited boxed editions with additional collectible items that cannot be found anywhere else. A regular Limited Edition (physical copy + game manual) and a Collector’s Edition with many additional items will be available for Nintendo Switch, PS4, and PS5. Pre-orders will kick off on Sunday, September 18th, at 12 AM CEST (midnight), only at strictlylimitedgames.com.
The Collector’s Edition will include the following:
- Cannon Dancer Game + Game Manual
- High-quality Collector’s Edition Box
- Artbook (B5)
- Soundtrack in Jewel Case
- Tenugui (Japanese-style towel)
- Arcade Coin
- Acrylic Diorama
- Reversible Poster (A2)
- Arcade Instruction Flyer (A5)
- Calendar & Photo Frame (metal) with 2023 Calendar
- Marquee Sticker
- Ported on modern consoles for the first time in history
- Classic retro games mechanics, praised for their speed and agility
- A total of six stages set in different, exotic locations
- Three different types of power-ups
- Tons of bosses and enemies
- Variety of wondrous retro scenarios and graphics with bright and even psychedelic colors, related to the final bosses of each stage
- Rewind feature
- Save and Load feature