Respawn Entertainment released a brand new Apex Legends update bringing the Beast of Prey event closer to the players. This update settles all the collection assets on the client PCs, even though the event itself is scheduled to start on September 20.
The patch introduces a lot of entertaining features, including a new limited-time game mode called Gun Run, and a slew of cosmetics which collection will grant the players the latest Loba heirloom, Garra de Alanza. Heirlooms are classified as the most expensive items in the game, and this time you may get one for free.
As for the remaining bits and pieces, this update changes Rampart, fixes some known bugs and issues, and adds quality-of-life improvements.
- NEW LIMITED-TIME MODE: GUN RUN
- Go head-to-head against 3 other squads in a race to master a wide range of weapons. Each time you get a kill with a weapon, you leapfrog over teammates and are given the next highest weapon on the track. Play as a team and get through the track as fast as you can, with some help from infinite ammo, health items and automatic respawns.
- 24 themed limited-time cosmetics
Prove yourself a predator and collect 24 themed limited-time cosmetics designed to instill fear in whoever your prey may be. Beast of Prey features new Legendary skins for Horizon, Lifeline, Loba, Fuse, Pathfinder, Octane, and Rampart! All 24 items will be available through direct purchase (for Apex Coins or Crafting Metals) and in Beast of Prey Event Apex Packs for the entire duration of the event. Unlock all 24 limited-time items during this event and you’ll receive Loba’s Heirloom, the “Garra de Alanza”.
- Increased cost for Hammerpoint Rounds for Mozambique
- White: 100 -> 150
- Blue: 200 -> 250
- Purple: 500 -> 700
- Sheila now inherits sensitivity settings for the most similar optic sens level
- 2x – Mobile Sheila zoom
- 3x – Mounted Sheila zoom
BUG FIXES AND QUALITY OF LIFE
- [Vantage] – Fixed a bug with Vantage’s “Whittle Break” emote where it would lay flat on the ground instead of sitting upright.
- Fixed a bug where the display showing Bocek Compound Bow arrow ammo was inconsistent.
- [Vantage] – Fixed bug where using Vantage’s tactical inside Wraith’s Portal could cause the player to stay in flight and the tactical goes on cooldown.
- Out of Bounds timer will now start once the player has touched the ground when landing out of bounds.
- [PS5 ONLY] – Increased scroll speed in menus.
- Fixed a bug where Shield Cells would display the incorrect amount of healing available while taking damage.
- [Newcastle] – Fixed bug where Ultimate continues flight even after Newcastle has been downed.
- [Control Mode] – Fixed bug where if a player exits the game while the map is loading they are unable to choose a spawn location after reopening the game.
- [Control] – Fixed bug where players could not capture Control points while phased.
- [Storm Front map] – Removed ability to tap-strafe on Gravity Cannons.
If you are a video game developer and you have a submission to make, you can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org