Unholy, a first-person psychological horror game published by Hook, is coming to the gaming scene in 2023. The announcement was made today, and as a celebration, the developer posted a teaser trailer revealing further details about the game itself. Unholy will be available on PlayStation 5, PC, and Xbox Series S|X.
The game is already available in Steam’s repository and can be wishlisted by users. The official teaser trailer is embedded just below, and it includes creepy footage, something horror lovers would love to see.
Unholy follows the disappearance of a young child from a run down, unwelcoming post-soviet town. Using exploration, puzzle solving, and innovative combat mechanics, players will traverse between reality and a twisted Unholy world to unveil the terrifying truth.
Features of Unholy
- Two parallel worlds to explore. The grey and cold reality of a brutalist post-soviet Eastern European town and the creepy and twisted world of Unholy, a grotesque society ruled by a relentless priest caste.
- An intense psychological horror experience driven by a deep, dark narrative storyline played out with captivating visuals based on the works of reputed dark artist Tomasz Strzałkowski (Duality Games Art director and founder).
- A unique gameplay blend that combines meticulous exploration, intriguing puzzle solving, infiltration and stealth with innovative shooting dynamics.
- An innovative combat system. Use four different emotions: anger, fear, sadness and desire to interact with the environment (destroy obstacles, trigger mechanisms, overload circuits, illuminate your way) or to confuse, lure or damage your opponents.
- Masks! Everybody in the unholy world hides behind a mask and it can be the difference between life or death. Build your own mask to get new skills and improve your abilities or wear other masks to infiltrate, confuse your enemies and impersonate your opponents.
If you are a video game developer and you have a submission to make, you can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org