Update: There are some additional Modern Warfare 2 changes provided by Infinity Ward. These changes are based on the player feedback.
- We have added diamond icons above the heads of enemies. This should make it easier for players to clearly identify opponents in the game.
- Additionally, we’ve continued to tweak lighting and contrast for improved enemy visibility.
- We’ve shortened the overall range of footstep audio which will allow enemy players to get closer to targets before they are able to detect footsteps. We have also continued to tweak teammate footstep audio, which will now be quieter following feedback from the Beta.
- The in-world activation sound effect volume range for the Dead Silence field upgrade has been drastically decreased.
- Following feedback from Beta, aiming down sights will now stay in third person POV for low-zoom optics. Only high-zoom optics (beginning with the ACOG and higher) and special optics such as Hybrids and Thermals will revert to first person POV. We believe this will enhance the third person experience while keeping the gameplay balanced. The feedback on this mode has been very positive, and we will continue to explore its use as a modifier.
- We have continued to tweak weapons across the game following both feedback from Beta players and game data. Players can expect more specifics on weapon tuning as we continue to support post-launch.
- We have been working hard on numerous updates to our UI that make accessing and customizing your loadout more seamless. We’ve made improvements to navigation of menus and will continue to optimize our UX.
- Slide, ledge hang, and dive have been further refined. We’ve also addressed some movement exploits following Beta.
- We have implemented some changes that aim to reduce lobby disbandment between matches. We look forward to testing this at a large scale and getting feedback.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has received a new update ahead of the release. Titled 1.03, this update came as a surprise to everyone, considering that it shuffled through unannounced. The update probably fixes some issues but also throws in MW2’s multiplayer components.
While details remain scarce, this update adds ~40GB of size, incrementing the game’s total size to 77GB. The PlayStation Game Size Twitter profile reported that this update also includes different campaign packs. Pardon me, but I am still baffled by this change, and I have no clue why it would matter.
Either way, this update is most likely holding multiplayer assets. With the preload option becoming available for those who decide to purchase it at a later stage, we guess it’s just a preparation for its smooth and effective launch.
After the update was deployed, there was a new announcement regarding an issue on PlayStation surrounding a locked game tile or accessing campaign early access. Infinity Ward provided tips on how to alleviate this issue if encountered. This issue will be addressed in an upcoming update.
PlayStation players encountering a locked game tile or issue accessing campaign early access should open QUICK SETTINGS (options button) — and then back out.
This will trigger a return to the correct menu. This will be addressed in an upcoming update.
— Infinity Ward (@InfinityWard) October 26, 2022
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is coming out on October 27, 2022.
If you are a video game developer and you have a submission to make, you can mail us at email@example.com