On Monday, Epic Games has revealed that Fortnite is getting a new type of pickaxe that will be rich with animations and customizing options. The Photonic Legacy Set will be launched on November 15 at 7 PM EST, which is tomorrow, and will be available for Fortnite Crew members only.
The pickaxe can be found in the short video below, with its shiny look and the different styles players will be able to choose from. As stated by the latest blog by Epic Games, players who subscribe to Fortnite Crew from Nov. 15, 2022, at 7 PM EST, to May 31, 2023, at 8 PM EDT will also unlock the Pickaxe immediately.
PHOTONIC LEGACY SET STAGES
- Stage 1: Every active Fortnite Crew subscriber immediately unlocks the Photonic Striker Pickaxe.
- Stage 2: Receive the Advanced Style of the Photonic Striker Pickaxe.
- Stage 3: Receive the dual-wield Cyberlight Style of the Photonic Striker Pickaxe.
- Stage 4: Receive the dual-wield Tuned Style of the Photonic Striker Pickaxe.
- Stage 5: Receive the Complex Style of the Photonic Striker Pickaxe.
- Stage 6: Receive color options for the Photonic Striker Pickaxe (applicable to any Style): Laser Red, Radiant Blue, and Magnetic Green (in addition to the default Energy Orange).
As with the Zen Legacy Set (formerly called The Fortnite Crew Legacy Set), there is no time limit to unlock all Stages of the Photonic Legacy Set after you’ve unlocked Stage 1. Progress through the Stages at your own pace!
Note: Your unlock progress in a Crew Legacy Set can only begin after the specific Crew Legacy Set’s release date. Any months of being a Fortnite Crew member before the Set’s release date does not apply towards unlock progress.
PHOTONIC LEGACY SET FAQ
HOW LONG IS STAGE 1 OF THE PHOTONIC LEGACY SET AVAILABLE TO UNLOCK?
- Stage 1 of the Photonic Legacy Set is available to unlock until May 31, 2023, at 8 PM EDT.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I PAUSE MY FORTNITE CREW MEMBERSHIP?
- Not a problem! You will retain all unlocked Stages, and when you decide to purchase a new Crew Pack, you will continue your progression where you left off.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO UNLOCK THE REST OF THE STAGES?
- Once Stage 1 is unlocked, there is no time limit for players to unlock the rest of the Stages.
DOES RECEIVING A NEW STYLE OF THE PHOTONIC STRIKER PICKAXE MEAN LOSING THE PREVIOUS STYLE?
- Nope! When you receive a new Style of the Photonic Striker Pickaxe, you’ll still have all the previous Styles available.
ARE THE COLOR OPTIONS FROM STAGE 6 FOR ALL STYLES OF THE PHOTONIC STRIKER PICKAXE?
- Yep! Want to switch to the Cyberlight Style of the Pickaxe and turn it Radiant Blue? You can do that. Want to switch to the Tuned Style and turn it Magnetic Green? You can do that too!
I’M STILL PROGRESSING THROUGH THE ZEN LEGACY SET STAGES. IS THERE ANYTHING I SHOULD KNOW?
- Previously, Stage upgrades for the Zen Legacy Set were available to unlock for 12 months after unlocking Stage 1. Now, for players who have already acquired Stage 1, there is no time limit for unlocking the remaining Stages.
- Also, Zen Legacy Set Stages now unlock at the same time you receive your monthly Crew Pack (the last day of each month at 8 PM EDT / 7 PM EST) instead of the 14th of each month.
If you are a video game developer and you have a submission to make, you can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org