Warzone fixes deployed on November 17, remaining issues and details
On November 17, Raven Software released a Warzone update that deals with a couple of existing issues, even though it broke the game for a whole hour. Raven Software and Infinity Ward are probably working so hard to indulge players and provide them with the smoothest gameplay experience ever.
Even though the launch was a bit turbulent, the developer managed to overcome the issues quickly. All systems are phenomenal, based on our personal in-game experience. As for the issues fixed, Raven Software managed to get rid of the Social Menu bug, and address the Missing Squad Widget and the annoying Max Tokens error when claiming rewards from the Battle Pass.
Let’s take a look at what’s fixed and what’s queued to be resolved in the coming days.
- [All Platforms] Battle Tokens Error: An issue is being investigated that is causing players to encounter the “Max Tokens” error when attempting to spend tokens in the Battle Pass.
- [All Platforms] Social Menu: Some players are unable to access the Social Menu.
- [All Platforms] Missing Squad Widget: We’re aware of an issue causing squad members to not appear on the Squad Widget on the bottom left of the in-game interface.
- [All Platforms] Backpack Disappearing: When a Player is eliminated and disconnects from the match, their backpack will disappear.
- [All Platforms] Inconsistent AAR: We’re investigating an issue that is preventing the After Action Report from consistently appearing for Players. This does not impact XP gains.
- [All Platforms] Skipping Downed Phase: Some Players are Eliminated in situations where they should have been Downed.
- [All Platforms] Operator Executions: An issue is being investigated that prevents players from equipping the default Operator Executions.
- [All Platforms] Play Again Disabled: The Play Again button after a match has been disabled while we investigate an issue.