Nvidia has released a new driver for its GPUs. The driver is to ensure a day-0 gaming experience for the latest new games that include NVIDIA DLSS 3, including Portal with RTX, and the next-gen The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Jurassic World Evolution 2.
Furthermore, this driver update utilizes game crashes running the DLSS 3 technology when ending a recording using Shadowplay or OBS with NVENC. It also fixes the Minecraft Java Edition corruption screen and addresses some errors in Adobe Premiere and After Effects with the H.264 and HEVC codec.
Nvidia Driver 527.56 Changelog
Game Ready & Studio Driver Fixes
- [GeForce RTX 4090] Watch Dogs 2 may display flickering when staring at the sky
- Games utilizing DLSS 3 may crash when ending a recording using Shadowplay or OBS with NVENC.
- Older versions of Minecraft Java Edition show corruption on the screen
- [Microsoft Surface Book 2] Display driver fails to install on GeForce GTX 1060
- [RTX 4090] No display when hot-plugging back and forth between DisplayPort and HDMI
- Errors in Adobe Premiere and After Effects with H.264 and HEVC content
Game Ready & Studio Driver Important Open Issues
- Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used.
- [DirectX 12] Shadowplay recordings may appear overexposed when Use HDR is enabled from the Windows display settings.
- Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled
- [Halo Wars 2] In-game foliage is larger than normal and displays constant flickering
- [Steam version] Forza Horizon 4 may freeze after 15-30 minutes of gameplay
As per Nvidia’s official Blogpost:
Portal with RTX, our fully ray-traced reimagining of Valve’s 2007 classic game, is out now, and our newest Game Ready Driver is required to optimize your experience.
Our latest driver also delivers the definitive experience in CD PROJEKT RED’s superb The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, which receives a major update on December 14th, adding ray tracing, NVIDIA DLSS 3, and more. And there’s also Game Ready support for the addition of DLSS 3 to Jurassic World Evolution 2.
Today there are over 100 games and over 70 applications available with ray tracing support, including the highest rated and most played 2022 games, such as Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, Fortnite, F1? 22, Forza Horizon 5, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered, Resident Evil Village, The Callisto Protocol, Warhammer 40:000: Darktide, and World of Warcraft: Dragonflight. And this holiday’s biggest titles, like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, are also adding ray tracing.
As always, the update is available to download through Nvidia’s official download page and the GeForce Experience app.