Trainers, the last Spotlight Hour event in Pokemon Go for 2022 goes live this Tuesday, from 6-7 PM local time, and we can catch the shiny form of the featured Pokemon.
The last Spotlight Hour for this year brings Cubchoo and 2x Candy for transferring Pokemon. Many Pokemon Go players want to know if Cubchoo can be shiny, and the answer is yes, shiny Cubchoo is available during the Cubchoo Spotlight Hour.
Now, if you want to make more out of the bonus, we recommend not transferring any rare Pokemon before the Spotlight Hour starts.
Here are some valuable tips that can help you during the Cubchoo Spotlight Hour.
Cubchoo Spotlight Hour Pokemon Go Tips
- Don’t catch any spawns around you for at least 30-45min before the Spotlight Hour begins. This is because all of these spawns will turn into the Spotlight Hour Pokemon when the event starts
- Find out where the biggest spawn groups in your area are and take advantage of it
- Don’t rely on Lures, unless you’re a rural player. This is because Lures can’t do much to help you grind and the spawns are limited to 1 Pokemon every 3 minutes
- Use the fast catch trick
- Walk around constantly
- Excellent throws will get you a ton of XP
- Have as much Pokemon Storage as you can
- Have as many PokeBall as you can
- DON’T APPRAISE JUST GRIND! You will have plenty of time, later on, to decide which Pokemon you need. Have in mind that this is ONE HOUR event
- Put all your Pokemon you wanna transfer in a separate tag (remember to EXCLUDE shiny and lucky Pokemon, since they cannot be mass transferred. ENABLE “Expanded group transfer” in the settings to include legendary and mythical Pokemon). Select the whole tag by 5:59. Hit “transfer” at 6:00 and go catch. Double transfer candy is not worth missing out on catching Pokemon, even if it’s just for regular catch XP.
2022 was a great year and we had a chance to participate in many Spotlight Hours, catch new shiny forms and enjoy all bonuses. Niantic and Pokemon Go will keep hosting these events in 2023 as well, and they’ve already announced the Spotlight Hour for January 2023. If you want to learn more about what’s coming in January 2023, please visit this link.