Meta Quest has just sent emails to all Oculus Quest 1 headset users, confirming that they will be making changes, but they will stop delivering new features to Quest 1.
Meta Quest explained that you will still be able to use your Quest 1, but unfortunately, they won’t be adding any new features. They also said that Quest 1 users will no longer be able to create or join a party, and they will be canceling the Meta Horizon Home Social features.
Here is the email:
“We launched Quest 1 over four years ago and we are grateful to the Quest 1 community for pushing VR forwards. As we look to the future, we remain committed to supporting the community of Quest 1 users and will continue to support the headset with a few changes:
- You will still be able to use your Quest 1 headset and available apps.
- We won’t be delivering new features to Quest 1
- We plan to continue maintaining the system software with critical bug fixes and security patches until 2024
- Quest 1 users will no longer be able to create or join a party
- Quest 1 users who currently have access to Meta Horizon Home social features will lose access to these features on 5 March 2023. You won’t be able to invite others to your Home or visit someone else’s Home
If you have any questions about these changes or about your Quest 1 headset, we encourage you to contact Meta Store support here: https://store.facebook.com/help/support/. Thank you to the entire Quest 1 community for helping us get to where we are today.”
What are your thoughts about this? Will you keep using your Oculus Quest 1?