Trainers, Niantic announced a Golden Shoe challenge and Sweepstakes, and players of Niantic games who will walk a least 150 kilometers/93.2 miles during the Sweepstakes Period will become Entrants. The Sweepstakes Period begins at 12 am EST o January 1, 2023, and ends on January 31, 2023, at 11:59 ET.
Niantic shared all the necessary details about the challenge, how to enter, who can participate, and the prize pool, so feel free to check it out below.
Here is everything you should know.
Niantic Sneaker Sweepstakes Prizes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to participate in this Sweepstakes, you (“Entrant”) must agree to these Official Rules (“Rules”). Therefore, please read the Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree and accept the Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between Entrants and Niantic with respect to the Sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes, Entrants must: (1) be at least the age of majority in their country, state, province, or jurisdiction of residence (and at least twenty (20) years old in Taiwan) at the time of participation; (2) not be a resident of any of the following countries/regions/contested territories: the Balkans, Belarus, Brazil, Burma, China, Cote D’ivoire (Ivory Coast), Crimea, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Liberia, North Korea, Pakistan, Quebec, Russia, Spain, Sudan, Syria, Turkey, or Zimbabwe or any country, state, province or territory where the laws of the United States or local law prohibits participating or receiving a prize/gift/offer in the Sweepstakes; (3) not be a person or entity under U.S. export controls or sanctions; and (4) have access to the Internet during the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants agree that if a winner they will provide any additional necessary information or consents necessary to confirm eligibility as a winner. Failure to provide additional information or consents will be grounds for disqualification, unless prohibited under applicable law. Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders of Niantic, their respective subsidiaries, distributors, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies, and members of their immediate family (spouse and parent, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), are not eligible to enter into or win the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable United States federal, state and local laws. Niantic reserves the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate on any dispute at any time.
- SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Niantic, Inc. (“Niantic”), with offices at One Ferry Building, Suite 200, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Niantic Golden Shoe Challenge & Sweepstakes – January 2023 (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time on January 1st and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time on January 31, 2023 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: To be notified of the Sweepstakes, you must opt in to receiving email marketing communications from Niantic. Niantic will distribute the Sweepstakes call-to-action via email to those who have chosen to opt in. Players of Niantic games who achieve a minimum of 150 kilometers (or 93.2 miles) walked during the Sweepstakes Period, will become Entrants (subject to meeting Eligibility requirements of these Rules) and will be limited to receive one (1) entry in the prize drawing (each, an “Entry”). Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time on January 31, 2023 in order to be eligible. You may only use one (1) email address to enter the Sweepstakes. Multiple Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the daily limitation stated above will be void. To have their distance from each of multiple Niantic games count towards the total distance walked during the Sweepstakes Period, Entrants must use the same email address to register their accounts in such games.
- RANDOM DRAWING: Sixteen (16) potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about February 7, 2023, from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Of the sixteen (16) potential winners, there will be one (1) winner of the Grand Prize, five (5) winners of the Second Prize, and ten (10) winners of the Third Prize. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Niantic’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by email and may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and, where lawful, a publicity release within five (5) days from date of issuance. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Niantic is unable to contact a potential winner, or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Niantic’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential winner is an eligible minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Niantic reserves the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners described in the Rules.
- PRIZES: Individual prizes for the Sweepstakes will never exceed $500 USD in value unless otherwise specified. The total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of all prizes available: $1250 USD. The following is a list of three types of prizes offered in the Sweepstakes:
- Grand Prize (1): Winner will receive one (1) pair of custom Niantic branded shoes and a custom Niantic branded shoe box. The ARV of the Grand Prize is $500 USD.
- Second Prize (5): Winners will receive five (5) gift codes to Niantic Supply, each in the amount of $100. Redeemable at checkout. The ARV of five (5) Second Prizes is $500 USD.
- Third Prize (10): Winners will receive ten (10) gift codes to Niantic Supply, each in the amount of $25. Redeemable at checkout. The ARV of ten (10) Third Prizes is $250 USD.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: The method of distribution and prizes awarded are determined by Niantic, in its sole discretion. The gift codes to Niantic Supply will be subject to certain terms and conditions available at https://nianticsupply.com. Gift code must be redeemed no later than Dec 31, 2023. Failure to redeem gift code by such date may result in gift code being void and Niantic having no further obligation to such winner. All federal, state and local taxes and all other costs associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by Niantic. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Niantic reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at Niantic’s sole discretion.
- TAXES: RECEIPT OF PRIZES TO POTENTIAL WINNERS OR WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THEY SUBMIT TO NIANTIC ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY NIANTIC TO PERMIT IT TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL, LOCAL AND FOREIGN TAX REPORTING AND WITHHOLDING REQUIREMENTS. IN THE UNITED STATES, THIS MAY REQUIRE THE SUBMISSION OF WINNER SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS FOR TAX REPORTING PURPOSES. ALL PRIZES WILL BE NET OF ANY TAXES NIANTIC IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO WITHHOLD. ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER TAXES HAVE BEEN SO WITHHELD. In order to receive a prize, potential winners may be required to submit the tax documentation requested by Niantic or otherwise required by applicable law, to Niantic or the relevant tax authority, all as determined by applicable law, including, where relevant, the law of the potential winner’s country of residence. The potential winners are responsible for ensuring that they comply with all the applicable tax laws and filing requirements. If a potential winner fails to provide such documentation or comply with such laws, the prize may be forfeited and Niantic may, in its sole discretion, select an alternative potential winner.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Niantic reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the Sweepstakes if, in Niantic’s sole discretion, it believes that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices, or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other Entrants or Niantic.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: All rights, title, and interest in the Sweepstakes and all accompanying materials shall vest solely and exclusively with Niantic.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: By accepting a prize, Entrant agrees to Niantic’s and Sweepstakes Entities’ use of his or her name and/or likeness, including, without limitation, Entrant’s name, username, videos, voices, likenesses, images, statements, and other information, for advertising and promotional purposes of the Sweepstakes, without additional compensation to the Entrant, unless prohibited by law. Entrants agree to complete a publicity release if asked to do so by Niantic.
- WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: To the maximum extent permitted by law, each Entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified Niantic and Sweepstakes Entities at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Entrant and/or a breach of any representation or warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all injuries, losses, liabilities, damages of any kind to persons or property, including death, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or accruing in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity or (a) any misrepresentation made by the Entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes; (b) any non-compliance by the Entrant with these Rules; (c) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to the Entrant’s involvement with the Sweepstakes; (d) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes; (e) any error in the collection, processing or retention of entry information; or (f) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winners.
- RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY, OR DISQUALIFY: Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Niantic’s sole opinion, compromised for any reason, including virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, epidemic, pandemic, an Act of God, or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Niantic, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper functioning of Entries, Niantic reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof) and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winners in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received prior to action taken. Niantic further reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who violates these Rules or tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any Niantic website, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Niantic reserves the right to seek any and all remedies available from any such Entrant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.
- NOT AN OFFER OR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: Under no circumstances shall the an entry into the Sweepstakes, the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with either Niantic or the Sweepstakes Entities. Entrants acknowledge that entries have been submitted voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. Entrant acknowledges that no confidential, fiduciary, agency, or other relationship, or implied-in-fact contract now exists between Entrant and Niantic or the Sweepstakes Entities and that no such relationship is established by Entrant’s entry into the Sweepstakes under these Rules.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Niantic is not responsible for: (a) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware, or software; (b) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (c) unauthorized intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (d) for any injury or damage to Entrant or to any computer equipment related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Sweepstakes; (e) for any account restrictions or freezes resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes; (f) printing, typographical, electronic, or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (g) delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use the prize or any portion there. Entrant agrees that any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to $500 USD; and Entrant waives all rights to claim any punitive, incidental, consequential, and any other damages under any claim or theory, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: To the extent permitted by law, these Rules shall be governed by, subject to and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Sweepstakes are hereby excluded, and all Entrants expressly waive any and all such rights.
- DISPUTES: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree that all disputes between an Entrant and Niantic of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of these Rules, shall be subject to Niantic’s standard Terms of Service available at https://nianticlabs.com/terms. Entrants accept and agree to abide by the Terms of Service as a condition of participation in the Sweepstakes.
- REQUEST FOR WINNER INFORMATION: You may request the first name, last initial, city/province, and state of the Grand Prize winner after February 21, 2023 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 21, 2023.
That’s all, so let’s start walking Trainers!