Pokemon Go has its ups and downs, and with the new feature, we sure can call this an “up”. That new feature is Primal Reversion.
Primal Reversion is known to Pokemon fans as a phenomenon that gives selected Pokemon a totally new appearance, better performance, better stats and more good things that come with Primal Reversion. In Pokemon Go, Primal Reversion will be available for the Legendary Pokemon Kyogre and Groudon.
To complement Primal Reversion, there will be Primal Energy, an “item” needed to power up Kyogre and/or Groudon. This new Primal Energy can be obtainable through defeating Primal Kyogre or Primal Groudon in a Raid Battle, or through research tasks (but not all of them). However, this effect is not for a lifetime, instead, it lasts for eight hours. Something similar to Mega Evolution, but in a better form.
Primal Reversion will be making its debut during the Pokemon Go Tour: Hoenn – Las Vegas event, and we are sure that this has made the event even more special than it previously was supposed to be. Primal Raids will be coming to Pokemon Go during the Pokemon Go Tour: Hoenn – Las Vegas event, which is the same as a Raid Battle, but with more powerful Pokemon. In addition, there will be a Primal Surge Field Research for participants in Pokemon Go Tour: Hoenn – Las Vegas and Pokemon Go Tour: Hoenn – Global. The research will be granting encounters with either Primal Kyogre or Primal Groudon.
Every reversion to a primal form will be coming with a bonus, and they are the following:
- When Primal Kyogre is in your party, Water-, Electric- and Bug-type attacks will benefit from attack bonuses in raids
- When Primal Kyogre is your buddy, catching Water-, Electric-, and Bug-type Pokemon will grant you additional XP and Candy
- When Primal Groudon is in your party, Fire-, Grass-, and Ground-type attacks will benefit from attack bonuses in raids
- When Primal Groudon is your buddy, catching Fire-, Grass-, and Ground-type Pokemon will grant you additional XP and Candy
- Kyogre and Groudon’s Primal Levels will increase the more times they revert to their primal forms, improving their bonuses
That is not all folks. To celebrate the arrival of Primal Reversion, there will be a new Pokedex category added, which will include all Mega Pokemon that have undergone Primal Reversion. The Kyogre that you will catch in Primal Raids will know the Charged Attack Origin Pulse (Trainer battles – 130 power; Gyms and Raids – 130 power), while Groudon will come with the Charged Attack Precipice Blade ( Trainer battles – 130 power; Gyms and Raids – 130 power).
Keep in mind that Primal Reversion will not be available to the ones that do not participate in Pokemon Go Tour: Hoenn – Las Vegas until the Pokemon Go Tour: Hoenn – Global arrives.
What are your thoughts on this new feature? Tell us in the comments below.