Trainers, the first Spotlight Hour in Pokemon Go in 2023 starts today, January 3, 2023, featuring Alolan Sandshrew, shiny Alolan Sandshrew, and 2x Evolution XP.
The Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour is a one-hour event that goes live every Tuesday over a course of a month, and in January 2023 players will have a chance to participate in five different Spotlight Hours. The first Spotlight Hour brings Alolan Sandshrew, shiny Alolan Sandshew, and 2x Evolution XP.
This is a great event to catch shiny Alolan Sandshrew, and here are some tips that we would like to share with the Pokemon Go community.
Alolan Sandshrew Spotlight Hour Tips
- Don’t catch any spawns around you for at least 30-45min before the Spotlight Hour begins. This is because all of these spawns will turn into the Spotlight Hour Pokemon when the event starts.
- Find out where the biggest spawn groups in your area are and take advantage of it.
- Don’t rely on Lures, unless you’re a rural player. This is because Lures can’t do much to help you grind and the spawns are limited to 1 Pokemon every 3 minutes.
- Use the fast catch trick.
- Walk around constantly.
- Excellent throws will get you a ton of XP.
- Have as much Pokemon Storage as you can.
- Have as many PokeBall as you can.
- DON’T APPRAISE JUST GRIND! You will have plenty of time, later on, to decide which Pokemon you need. Have in mind that this is ONE HOUR event.
As we already said above, there are five Spotlight Hours this month, so let’s take a look at the schedule below.
Spotlight Hour Schedule January 2023
- January 3, 2023, featuring Alolan Sandshrew, shiny Alolan Sandshrew, and 2x Evolution XP.
- January 10, 2023, featuring Swirlix, shiny Swirlix, and 2x Catch Stardust.
- January 17, 2023, featuring Seedot, shiny Seedot, and 2x Catch XP.
- January 24, 2023, featuring Tynamo, and 2x Catch Candy. Tynamo can’t be shiny.
- January 31, 2023, featuring Blitzle, shiny Blitzle, and 2x Transfer Candy
You’re all set now so make sure to participate in all Spotlight Hours i. January 2023, and catch all shiny forms.