Escape From Tarkov is getting a new update on February 23, Patch Notes and more
New DLSS on the rise?
After a minor turmoil in the Escape From Tarkov community, Battlestate Games announced a new Escape From Tarkov update coming tomorrow morning, February 23. This update will probably be related to the previously announced and improved DLSS version, alongside other minor bug fixes. As per the announcement, the game will endure a 4-hour maintenance window and may be extended if necessary. The game won’t be accessible during this maintenance window.
The installation of update 0.13.0.3 will begin at 6 AM GMT / 1 AM EST on February 23.
While the official patch notes are missing, the potential contents of the upcoming update (based on recent announcements) might consist of the following:
Escape From Tarkov 0.13.0.3 Patch Notes
For some reason, there’s no highlight about the new version of DLSS, even though it was mentioned to arrive. BSG might have forgotten to include it in the patch notes, or postponed it for a later release. I am waiting on answers and will update this again.
- Reworked the player group system. The new system allows to gather your friends in a group in main menu, being able to use your stash or Hideout while the group leader sets up the raid:
- Group members no longer need to select the raid location, game mode, and time of day. All settings are handled by the Group Leader
- After the group leader sets up the raid, all group members receive a raid invite
- You can cancel the invite if you aren’t ready yet.
- In Co-op practice mode you can gather up to 20 people in the group, depending on the location. After a raid, the group will stay with the same participants that were in it. The only exception is the Co-op mode with more than 5 participants, in this case, only the first 5 members stay
- Changed the quest reward skill calculation. Players will always receive skill levels in the amount specified in the quest.
- Fixed an issue that caused invisible players and bots in raids
- Fixed the incorrect operation of some Oculus Audio components that led to incorrect sound positioning, memory leaks, and reduced performance. This is not the final version of the fixes
- Work on improving the sound system and adjusting the positioning of sounds on locations will continue in future updates;
- Adjusted the geometrical sound positioning system on The Lab location
- Fixed an issue that caused the character’s hands to freeze when using medicine and other consumable items
- Adjusted and optimized the visuals of light sources on Streets of Tarkov location
- Fixed the AI behavior issue of Zryachiy and his guards that led to them not attacking hostile players at short distances
- Fixed the visual clipping of specific chest rigs while using Glock pistols
- Fixed the incorrect icons for specific weapon attachments and ammo
- Fixed the incorrect animation of wrist watches on BEAR character models
- Fixed the possibility of group members spawning in different spawn points in an online mode after playing in Co-op mode
- Fixed the possibility of Zryachiy still attacking players even with an activated transmitter in some cases
- Fixed the issue that led to Fence reputation loss for killing Zryachiy and his guards as a Scav
- Fixed the possibility of killing bots without them returning fire while leaning and shooting from narrow openings or hard to see covers
- Fixed interface elements overlapping when repeatedly switching between the character selection and lobby screens
- Fixed the issue that led to Error 228 while using the gym in the Hideout
- Fixed the incorrect airdrop positions on specific locations
- Fixed the issues that led to hand freezes while using underbarrel grenade launchers
- Adjusted the Shooting Range gunshot sounds to match the indoor firing sounds
- Fixed incorrect behavior of the currency selection UI in the Flea Market when switching to other screens
- Fixed the visual artifacts while using NVGs with FSR 2.1 enabled
- Fixed the order of chambers in the RSh-12 revolver drum
- Fixed an issue that led to hammer cocking animation playing on dry fire after switching from single action to double action on RSh-12 and Chiappa Rhino revolvers
- Fixed the missing ergonomics penalty effect of some equipment
Being a 4-hour installation, this update may include significant changes coming to the game. The arrival of update 0.13.0.3 has been announced on Escape From Tarkov’s official Twitter profile. As for the official patch notes, we’ll probably have to wait until tomorrow. Once the developer lists the patch notes, we’ll update this article.
Tomorrow, February 23, at 6AM GMT/1AM EST we are planning to install patch 0.13.0.3. The installation will take approximately 4 hours, but may be extended if required. The game will not be accessible during this period#EscapefromTarkov
— Battlestate Games (@bstategames) February 22, 2023