Counter-Strike 2 Receives New Update on March 30
Finally, players won't be able to abuse the dev console commands.
The Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test hasn’t been the best so far, and for that very reason, it has just received a significant update today, March 30. The update focuses on improving gameplay, visuals, networking, and input systems and fixing numerous bugs.
Among the most significant changes in this update are multiple network traffic optimizations, which will improve the overall performance of the game. Shooting random seeds have also been desynchronized between server and client code, ensuring a smoother gaming experience.
In addition to these updates, the developers have also disabled all development console commands, including the “cl_physics_highlight_active 5” command. This change aims to promote fair play and prevent potential exploits by ensuring that players do not have access to commands that could provide an unfair advantage or disrupt the gameplay experience.
Counter-Strike 2 March 30 Patch Notes
[ NETWORKING ]
- Multiple network traffic optimizations.
- Shooting random seeds are now correctly desynchronized between server and client code.
[ VISUALS ]
- Fixed positions of overhead labels and ping elements at different resolutions.
- Fixed halo around enemies to not give away their locations.
- Bomb code will now correctly clear when aborting the bomb plant.
- Fixed rare inspect animations to be rare and not every anim.
- Inspect then reload (“f”, “r”, “f”, “r”) more closely matches CS:GO behavior.
- Disabled all development console commands (including “cl_physics_highlight_active 5”).
[ GAMEPLAY ]
- HE grenades no longer affect smokes through walls.
- Disabled collisions between ragdolls.
- Players will no longer drop weapons when getting a bonus weapon in Deathmatch.
- Trajectory preview for decoy grenades is now correct.
- Improved behavior of picking up weapons with the use key.
[ INPUT SYSTEM ]
- Buy menu and scoreboard now allow movement while they have focus.
- Team intro allows voice chat.
- Keys will no longer get stuck when opening the steam overlay.
- Fixed many cases where user input would get confused.
- Multiple actions cannot be bound to one key.
[ SOUND ]
- Adjustments to smoke grenade sound timing at a distance.
- Fixed a bug where flashbang or grenade sound effect would remain if player died while having that sound effect active.
- Added dedicated player-only sound when a grenade is correctly jump-thrown.
- Fixed chat wheel lines to be restricted to legitimate chat wheel lines that can be configured in game options.
[ DUST II ]
- Fixed a hole in the wall.