Death From Above: A New Video Game to Benefit Ukrainian Charities

Lesser Evil, a game development company based in Munich, Germany, has announced the launch of a Kickstarter campaign for their new video game, Death From Above. The game is an arcade-style drone simulator set during the Russian invasion of Ukraine, with players taking on the role of a Ukrainian military drone operator fighting the occupation and restoring communication lines disrupted by the conflict.

In addition to providing an entertaining gaming experience, the developers of Death From Above are also committed to supporting those affected by the ongoing conflict. During the Kickstarter campaign, backers will have exclusive access to beta versions of the game and other rewards. If successful, the funding raised will allow the development team to collaborate with Ukrainian artists to enhance the game’s visuals, audio, and storyline.

Furthermore, 30% of the net revenues from game sales will be donated to two Ukrainian charities: Come Back Alive and Army of Drones. Once the game has broken even, this donation will increase to 70% of all future net game revenues, with the remaining 30% going towards improving the production of the game.

While the subject matter of Death From Above is based on real-life events and ongoing conflict, the game is designed to be an enjoyable and satirical experience for players. The developers hope to raise awareness of the conflict and support Ukrainian charities through their game, while also providing an engaging gaming experience for players.

Death From Above is set to be released on PC in Steam Early Access in the coming months.


If you are a video game developer and you have a submission to make, you can mail us at

Angel Kicevski

I am ANGE1K. I started playing video games a long time ago. In a blink of an eye, I became a hardcore gamer. A couple of years later, I traversed to the professional Counter-Strike 1.6 scene. After the competitive ERA, I managed to find the gaming industry amusing and started working on FGR. My mission is to lurk and discover secrets, create guides and provide you with some important news. I mostly play FPS and love experimenting in good MMORPGs.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button