Destiny 2 Servers Will Go Down for Hotfix 22.214.171.124, Scheduled Maintenance, Notes and more
Destiny 2, the popular online multiplayer first-person shooter developed by Bungie, is set to receive Hotfix 126.96.36.199 on Thursday, March 16, 2023. As usual, Bungie will take the servers offline for maintenance to deploy the update. Here’s everything you need to know about the scheduled downtime and what to expect from the upcoming Hotfix.
The maintenance process will start at 7:00 AM PDT, with sign-on and game integration features becoming unavailable on the web, mobile, third-party apps, and the Bungie Store. At 7:45 AM PDT, Destiny 1 and 2 servers will be brought offline, and players will be removed from in-game activities.
The downtime is expected to last until 12:00 PM PDT when Hotfix 188.8.131.52 will become available across all platforms and regions. Players can then log back into the game but may face queues or sign-on issues due to ongoing background maintenance. Bungie expects the maintenance to conclude at 1:00 PM PDT.
Destiny 2 Hotfix 184.108.40.206 Changelog
SEASONAL EXOTIC ACTIVITY
- Animation changes made to the Data Collection boss encounter in The Variable Exotic mission that had the potential to cause issues with photosensitive players.
- Increased drop rate for Exotic armor in Legend and Master Lost Sectors when playing solo.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the “Vex Incursion Countermeasures” weekly bounty from resetting at rest.
- Fixed an issue where players on their alternate characters could not progress the Hall of Heroes intro quest after interacting with the statues early.
- Any players who ran into this issue may now progress normally.
- Made an adjustment to how the Return to Orbit option is triggered after completing a specific Battleground.
- Previous implementation enabled mistakenly skipping end-of-mission cinematics when returning to orbit from the Commendations screen.
GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT
- Fixed an issue where some Artifact mods were not properly proccing Anti-Barrier capabilities.
- Hunters: Fixed an issue where Volatile Rounds were not granted by equipping the Gyrfalcon’s Hauberk Exotic chest armor, blocking Void weapons from Anti-Barrier capabilities.
- Armor Scavenger Mod: Fixed an issue where Jötunn would get an unintentional boost in ammo, particularly in PvP, with the Solar Scavenger mod equipped on a player’s chest armor.
- Put. The toaster. Down.
- Fixed an issue where the Winterbite Exotic Glaive was doing more damage than intended to targets.
- Titans: The bonus to Glaive melee damage granted by Exotic Synthoceps gauntlets has been reduced against both combatants and enemy Guardians.
- Fixed an issue where the Lightfall versions of The Inquisitor and Mindbender’s Ambition Shotguns had the incorrect magazine perks.
- Fixed an issue where Grand Overture’s blinding effect applied to other sources of splash damage.
- Strand: Increased the internal cooldown of the Thread of Ascent Fragment from two seconds to four seconds.
- Strand: Fixed an issue where after a player grappled to a thrown Tangle, the Berserker’s Into the Fray Aspect would fail to activate on further Tangle detonations.
- Strand: Fixed an issue where the suspending detonation from the Broodweaver’s Mindspun Invocation Aspect was not properly stunning Unstoppable Champions.
- Solar: Fixed an issue where the radiant effect was not increasing the damage of Strand weapons.
- Strand: Fixed an issue where the Thread of Generation Fragment would stop functioning after a Silkstrike Super deactivation when either the Shackle or Threadling Grenade is equipped.
POWER AND PROGRESSION
- Guardian Ranks: To more closely match the goals of Guardian Ranks, we have reduced the required Commendations score to complete objectives across all Guardian Ranks.
- Guardian Ranks: Rank-8 objectives require tier-3 difficulty or higher.
- Fixed an issue where only tier-4 or higher applied towards Rank progression.
- Commendations: Players can no longer offer Commendations to others following a failed mission activity.
- Fixed an issue where Guardians and their weapons were not rendering properly, effectively making them appear as “invisible” when in-game.
- Twitch Gift Sub Bounty reward now correctly appears in the Cryptarch.
|7:00 AM PDT||-7 UTC||
|7:45 AM PDT||-7 UTC||
|12:00 PM PDT||-7 UTC||
|1:00 PM PDT||-7 UTC||
As of now, Bungie has not released the patch notes for Hotfix 220.127.116.11. However, players can expect bug fixes, gameplay adjustments, and possibly new in-game features. Once the patch notes become (if they do) available, we’ll update this article.