Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Introduces Free Tower of Treachery Update and Patch 4.9
The highly anticipated second part of A Treacherous Adventure, titled Tower of Treachery, is now free to all Warhammer: Vermintide 2 owners. Console players can expect the release in early Quarter 2, 2023. This exciting update brings the Ubersreik Five back to familiar territory to stop the sinister Sofia Fuegonasus from spreading corruption throughout the Grey Mountains, Bretonnia, and the Reikland.
Tower of Treachery challenges players to navigate through the traps and illusions set by Olesya and Sofia, ultimately facing off against the most formidable foe in the Warhammer: Vermintide series yet. Can you reach the top of the tower and save the lands from doom?
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Patch 4.9 Changelog
- Added Tower of Treachery to the adventure map pool.
- Added a menu where players can access our old cinematics. This is found in the main menu.
- QoL for the crafting menu, players can now sort (based on rarity or power), filter on rarities, and search for keywords.
- Fixed the start banter VO on Righteous Stand and Athel Yenlui not playing all the lines.
- Halescourge – Fixed various spots where bots could get stuck.
- Convocation of Decay – The end event logic has been reworked to stop the event getting stuck. You shouldn’t notice a difference here.
- Convocation of Decay – The damaging area of the pool in the end event should now exactly match the visuals.
- Righteous Stand – Fixed an issue where bots regularly got stuck on the ladder leading to the second Grimoire.
- Taal’s Horn Keep – One of the customisable painting frames was missing a light source, rendering the selected artwork difficult to see.
- Garden of Morr – Fixed a potion that could spawn partially in the ground.
- Against the Grain – Fixed a location where captured players could spawn beyond a boss-wall.
- Enchanter’s Lair – Fixed some occlusion culling observed at a particular location during the ‘Reach The Throne Room’ objective.
- Skittergate – Added even MOAR failsafes to try and protect players from being one-shot when traversing the Skittergate.
- Fixed an issue where the sound effects from Waywatcher Kerillian’s ult could rarely get stuck in an infinite loop.
- Fixed an issue where using Blunderbuss in Huntsman’s activated ability would play multiple sounds.
- Fixed a bug where two of the same enemy VO callouts could happen at the same time.
- Added an icon for “Temple of Shadows” in the Chaos Wastes Twitch Mode voting interface on the map screen.
- UI: Removed Remote Control Server Menu from the game (was on F2 keybind).
- UI: Multibind: Fixed a case in which unbinding the first key would instead unbind the second.
- UI: Multibind: Fixed resetting all binds not working for keys with are by default unassigned.
- Fixed a UI crash when an invalid difficulty is selected (eg: players switching from the modded realm to the official realm).
- Fixed double-negative appearing in the “Disable Weekly Events” Twitch setting.
- Changed the “Inventory full” warning to also show when opening multiple chests is not possible. Added a background to improve legibility.
- Adjusted the character info in the bottom-right of the inventory UIs to prevent text overlapping with the input legend when the game is in Italian or German.
- Various localisation fixes and tweaks.
FIXES AND TWEAKS
- Fixed Kerillian Shade’s ‘Cloak of Pain’ re-stealth sometimes being instantly consumed when hitting enemies with dual weapons.
- Fixed a bug where Bardin Ranger could become invisible indefinitely.
- Fixed bug where enemies would keep chasing and attempting to attack invisible players.
- Fixed a bug where Bardin Engineer bots could behave in a nutty manner when switching between his career skill gun and regular ranged weapon.
- Fixed various unspecifiable crashes and networking issues.
- Fixed an issue where Saltzpyre Zealot’s face morphed into a nightmare scene when equipping the Holy Great Hammer.
- Equipped torches now light up the environment properly when inspecting your character in third person.
- Fixed “Masterwork Pistols” (Brace of Pistols illusion) using the same model and icon as “One Eye’s Revenge”.
- Fixed an issue where Bardin and Victors faces were not animating.
Alongside the Tower of Treachery, the update includes Patch 4.9, which features various improvements, bug fixes, and quality-of-life enhancements. Players can now enjoy a more refined crafting menu, access old cinematics from the main menu, and experience multiple level and sound improvements. Additionally, Patch 4.9 addresses various UI/UX issues, localization fixes, and character tweaks, ensuring a smoother and more enjoyable gameplay experience for all Warhammer: Vermintide 2 fans.