New World 1.9.1 Update Notes
The latest update for the popular MMORPG New World, version 1.9.1, is set to go live on April 11 at 11 PM PT (6 AM UTC), introducing the much-anticipated Rabbit’s Revenge event. Players will have the chance to hunt down Corrupted Rabbits and earn event-specific rewards from April 12 to April 25. The update also brings numerous bug fixes and improvements to enhance the overall gaming experience.
The Rabbit’s Revenge event sees the return of a rabbit plague, but this time, the creatures are corrupted and far more dangerous. Players must be wary of exploding rabbits while hunting them down for rare and exclusive loot. The event’s rewards were inspired by a classic game featuring creepy rabbit-mask-wearing enemies. The event promises to add a touch of playful absurdity to the game, giving players a chance to secure unique helmet skins, reminiscent of the Turkey Leg boots from the Turkulon event.
New World 1.9.1 Patch Notes
- Updated POI restrictions to ensure players can complete “Weaver’s Weave”.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to not receive “The Curse of Caer Dun” quest rewards upon completion.
- Fixed an issue that caused Free Camera to not deactivate after releasing its corresponding key (Left Alt) when entering Expeditions, game modes, or fast traveling.
- Fixed a rare issue that prevented players from defeating the Empyrean Forge boss.
- Fixed an issue that caused some of Commander Marius’s volcanic eruptions to hit players well beyond their visual edge.
- Fixed an exploit for the Empyrean Forge quest, “A Toymaker’s Request” and reactivated it.
ECONOMY, PROGRESSION, & GEAR
- Some items received unintended attribute perks in the previous update. Affected items will be re-rolled as part of this change. Some may even become Legendary.
- Removed several potential rewards from the Seasons Furniture Gift Chest loot pool obtained from the Season Pass free track.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Juniper bags from dropping.
- Fixed a naming issue with the Empyrean Gauntlets.
- Fixed an issue that caused refining resources to not properly count the full amount.
- Fixed an issue that prevented dyes from fully working on the following:
- Gaunt Tarnished armor skin
- Tattered Snatcher armor skin
- Ice Gauntlet
- Fixed an issue that caused the Ice Pylon ability to get stuck in cooldown.
- Changed the perk Thwarting Counter back to Sturdy on the Cold Stone Ice Gauntlet.
- PvP Arenas
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from changing equipment while in the Arena Spectator Box.
- Fixed an issue that caused the ‘Flame Core Hoarder’ Journey task to not properly count each crafted item.
- Fixed an issue that caused Camp Skin previews to not appear in the Store.
- The default New World music now plays on the main menu.
Thanks for your support! We’ll see you in the wilds of Aeternum.