Final Fantasy 14 Gears Up for Patch 6.4: The Dark Throne, Coming Out Next Week
Square Enix is set to launch the new Final Fantasy 14 patch 6.4 titled “The Dark Throne” on May 23, 2023. The announcement stirred up anticipation among the game’s massive player base following a recent Letter from the Producer Livestream.
The Dark Throne patch continues the story after Endwalker, offering new quests, trials, dungeons, and a comprehensive Duty Support system. The new main story quests focus on the Warrior of Light and Allies as they search for a new way to reach the void following the destruction of the voidgate.
Prominent among the new features is introducing the final installment of the Pandæmonium raid series, the Aetherfont dungeon, and a new trial, The Voidcast Dais. Players can also expect the addition of a new series of PvP play, further enriching the game’s competitive landscape.
In addition to new story content and gameplay features, the Dark Throne patch introduces new sanctuary ranks and items to the Island Sanctuary farming mode. This provides more depth to this activity, offering players more rewards and progression.
In the livestream, director and producer Naoki Yoshida also teased what to expect in patch 6.5. Notably, the Blue Mage job will see an increase in its level cap, along with the introduction of new dungeons. Patch 6.4 also brings an update to the game’s currency system, introducing Allagan Tomestones of Comedy. This new form of currency adds a new dynamic to the game’s economy, providing players with additional ways to earn and spend in the game.
As per the official website, this is what’s new to Patch 6.4.
New to Patch 6.4
- Main Scenario Quests – The Dark Throne
- New Raid Dungeon – Pandæmonium: Anabaseios
- New Dungeon – The Aetherfont
- New Trial – The Voidcast Dais
- New Variant Dungeon – Mount Rokkon (Patch 6.45)
- New Criterion Dungeon – Another Mount Rokkon (Patch 6.45)
- Blue Mage Update (Patch 6.45)
- New Unreal Trial – Containment Bay Z1T9 (Unreal)
- Additional Duty Support
- Tataru’s Grand Endeavor
- Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures (Patch 6.45)
- Weapon Enhancement Quests – Manderville Weapons (Patch 6.45)
- Tool Enhancement Quests – Splendorous Tools (Patch 6.45)
- Island Sanctuary Updates
- Ocean Fishing Update
- Allagan Tomestones of Comedy
- New Crafting Recipes
- New Mounts, Minions, and Emotes
- and more…