Pokemon Go Influencers Test New Feature, Say “The Future of the Game is Looking Strong”
Trainers, a group of Pokemon Go content creators is testing a new feature, and we all want to know what’s coming next in the game.
PokeProfNet and other Pokemon Go influencers have met at Niantic’s office and had a chance to test a new feature. PokeProfNet didn’t say much about the upcoming feature but did say that Pokemon Go players will love it and the future of Pokemon Go looks strong.
In the image, you can see PokeProfNet, The Trainer Club, ZoeTwoDots, landoralpha, Swaggron, Couple of Gaming, FleeceKing, and Trainer Tips.
I had an incredible time hanging with this group of amazingly talented creators at the Niantic office! We were able to test a new feature that you are going to absolutely love! The future of Pokémon GO is looking strong!
-Ken#LuredUp #PokemonGO #Podcast pic.twitter.com/wg3vIHrZey
— Lured Up and the Pokémon Professor Network (@PokeProfNet) May 11, 2023
PokeProfNet and FleeceKing “squashed whatever was lingering and moved on,” during their time together, and we are glad to hear that. The team looks like they had a great time together, and we are curious to know more about this new feature.
Now, Pokemon Go players want to know if they (the Pokemon Go content creators) brought up the Remote Raid issue. When asked, PokeProfNet said, “That’s not how an NDA works.” We assume this means a No.
PokeProfNet reassures Pokemon Go players that the future of Pokemon Go is looking strong and we should stick around for the new feature.
Now, what could this new feature be? Some reports say they might be testing a new Photo Safari feature, other reports say they are working on the Pokemon Go Contests.
We have some info we would like to share about the possible Photo Safari or Pokemon Go Contests feature, but please have in mind that nothing has been confirmed yet.
The Photo Safari feature is all about taking pictures and videos. Pokemon Go players must use AR and catch Pokemon. Players must take a picture of the Pokemon, and as a reward, players will get items or a chance to encounter different Pokemon.
The Pokemon Go Contests were discovered by the miners at the beginning of 2023, and they were kind enough to share their discovery with the rest of the Pokemon Go community.
Here is what we know about the Pokemon Go Contests so far.
Pokemon Go Contests Info
- Pokemon Contests will spawn at PokeStops
- Contests reward loot and each contest has a set of rewards per contest
- You can have unclaimed rewards from a contest. It sounds like you can have several contests going on at once, so perhaps you have to come back to the stop to claim your rewards
- Contests have a unique style on the map, like Rockets and Rocket Victories
- You have to be within range of a Contest stop to interact with it
- Pokemon Contests have different levels of re-occurrence – Daily, every 2 days, every 3 days, weekly, or seasonally
- Season contests have specific definitions
- This is defined by a schedule, unclear if this is visible to the user or not
- There is a list of eligible contests, unclear if that’s for the player or global
- There is a limit to the number of contests you can do
- There is a restriction preventing ‘same season trade’ not being allowed
- You appear to submit a Pokemon for the contest, and each Pokemon can only be in one contest at a time, this suggests you can do several contests at once
- There are references to focusing on a contest Pokemon
- There is a set of Pokemon Metrics for the contest
- You can substitute a Pokemon in a contest for another one, but this might just be in response to if you try to use the same Pokemon in more than one contest. Unclear at this point
- There are references to replacing a contest Pokemon in addition to substitution, unclear if these are the same thing or not but there are error states if you are trying to remove or replace a different Pokemon
- Contests only have two ranking systems – min or max
- The marketing name is called Showcases, and the code name is called Contests
- Contest for having the largest Pokemon is the only contest type currently
- Can’t enter a Pokemon into a contest if it recently won one
- Can only have one Pokemon in a contest at a time, you will be prompted to transfer a Mon to another contest if you try to re-enter it
- Max number of Mons that can be in a contest
- Must be at a stop to enter the contest
- Can’t enter a contest if you haven’t claimed previous contest rewards
- The player limit for the number of contests entered
- Can’t enter recently traded Pokemon into contests
- As previously reported, there are contest ranks and points, and you use it to rank up
Could this be the game changer we all have been waiting for? Will this save the future of Pokemon Go? Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Whatever it is, it’s going to be buggy as all get out, poorly implemented and forgotten within a month.
I do not think that Pokémon Go Will Continue as strong if not remote Raids well be reinstated at previous price. I have No wish to give Niantic any more income if they do not want me as a player preferring remote raids. #hearusniantic
I don’t care about new features. If Niantic can’t be bothered to at least acknowledge that there are literally pages of issues that they are WILLFULLY ignoring, then their influencers can have fun influencing all of the Singaporean grannies that must be rolling over next to their graves for these upcoming features. I’ll just sit back here and wait for the inevitable crash…
I agree this won’t save Pokémon go they need to lower the price and increase daily remote limit. Most players have been extremely demotivated lately and unenthusiastic about pogo. I’m one of those people. Adding new features will be exciting one moment but after that thrill passes it’s right back to the depressing world that is pogo. The spawns are always same or similar same with egg hatches. With less spawns in the city. It’s like this .
The person who commented on the NDA didn’t necessarily mean “No”. An NDA means that they can’t comment one way or another: “Non-disclosure Agreement”. They signed a legally binding document saying that they cannot comment about specific aspects of the knowledge that they are privy to. Please don’t put ideas I to people’s heads. They literally CANNOT SAY under penalty of law ($$$), so don’t make it look like they have insinuated one way or another lest you cause them financial harm, please?
Sounds like another version of field research by spinning the pokestops. SSDD?
People PAID to review this thing say its GREAT! Wow, who PAID you to write this article and can I get a job cause apparently doesn’t need much thought, I bet u call yourself a journalist as well right? Hahaha
This sounds like classic sales jargon. Influencer says new feature coming out and to Stay Tuned in cause its a ‘Game Changer’
I remember another influencer party Trainer Tips was in and said the same thing years ago. Not much has changed. I know I’ll be ignoring the contests just like i have before.
TBH these influences get rewarded for pumping whatever ni feeds em .If current issues cannot be brought up says it all
When the first #hearusniantic occured, they promised to listen to the community and consult who the community saw as “leaders”. They straight up have gone back on that, and the only people they are currently talking to are people who they know are “Yes men”. The Silphroad shutting down should be a major sign that the game is in a dire condition, yet they continue to ignore everyone. Will these new features “save the game”? Maybe for a week until people try it and go “nah, still not enough”. Or Niantic show their greed again and monetise more aspects of the game.