Valve has rolled out a vital update for the Limited Test of Counter-Strike 2. According to the changelog, the June 8th patch introduces fixes for the free armor bug. The update includes many fixes and enhancements to improve user experience and game stability.
One of the features of this update is the introduction of Mirage as a backdrop option in the main menu, a move that will no doubt please longtime fans of the franchise. This famous map will be an inviting aesthetic for players navigating the main menu.
In response to issues reported by the gaming community, the patch fixes a problem related to inspecting Huntsman knives. Valve also addressed a glitch in which legacy models appeared when previewing new weapon paint finishes.
CS2 Limited Test June 8 Patch Notes
- Added Mirage as an option for the main menu scenery map.
- Fixed a regression with weapon recoil on high-punch weapons like MAG-7 sometimes punching weapon view model towards the ground instead of up in the air.
- Improved the look of UMP-45, MAG-7, R8 Revolver, Sawed-Off.
- Fixed legacy models appearing when previewing new weapon paint finishes.
- Fixed a regression where 10-second music cue was sometimes not playing.
- Fixed wooden ladders to play wooden footstep sounds.
[ MISC ]
- Fixed free armor side-effect of armor refunding.
- Fixed loadout tooltips getting stuck on main menu.
- Fixed a regression with inspecting Huntsman knives.
- Brought back an option to pass number keys through to the game while in buy menu.
- Numerous stability improvements.