Bandai Namco Entertainment has announced the much-anticipated Closed Network Test for the forthcoming Tekken 8. The test will commence on July 21, 2023, starting with the PlayStation 5. The second week of the CNT will expand to include both Xbox Series X|S and PC platforms.
The testing period for PlayStation 5 will begin at 1 am PDT on July 21, 2023, and conclude at 12 am PDT on July 24, 2023. The test for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Steam users will run from 1 am PDT on July 28, 2023, to 12 am PDT on July 31, 2023. Notably, subscriptions to PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live Gold are not required for participation.
During the testing, players will experience the game’s new battle system through online competitive play. Bandai Namco assures that cross-platform matching will be supported. More info about the test can be found below:
Content of Closed Network Test
Mode: Rank Match (Up to 10 ranks)
Players will experience the new battle system of TEKKEN 8 through online competitive play that supports cross-platform matching.
Playable characters: 16 characters
Jin, Kazuya, Jun, Paul, Law, King, Lars, Jack 8, Xiaoyu, Nina, Leroy, Lili, Asuka, Hwoarang, Bryan, Claudio
Battle Stage: 5 Stages
Urban Square (Evening), Yakushima, Rebel Hangar, Sanctum,Arena
Battle System Changes
Based on feedback from the Closed Alpha Test conducted since March onwards, the following changes to the specifications will be made in order to make it simpler for players to engage in aggressive tactics using the new “Heat” battle system.
- ・”Heat Energy” will be removed.
- ・The upper limit (heat activation time) of the “Heat Timer” will be changed depending on how the heat is activated.
- ・The “Heat Smash” command will be standardised for all playable characters.
Conditions for Participation
PlayStation®5 、Xbox Series X|S、Steam
Test Dates and Time
- Week 1: PlayStation®5
- 21 July 2023, 4:00pm – 24 July 2023, 3:00pm SGT
- *Maintenance will be held on 22 July 2023, 4:00pm – 7:00pm SGT.
- Week 2: PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S, Steam®
- 28 July 2023, 4:00pm – 31 July 2023, 3:00pm SGT
- *Maintenance will be held on 29 July 2023, 4:00pm – 7:00pm SGT.
- *Winners who applied to participate in the Closed Network Test on the PlayStation®5 will be able to play during both Week 1 and Week 2.
- *Players will not be able to participate in the Closed Network Test during the server maintenance. Emergency maintenance may be conducted in case of any problems. In such cases, the status will be announced on the official TEKKEN Twitter account.
Japanese/English/Brazilian Portuguese/Neutral Spanish/French/Italian/German/Spanish/Russian/Arabic/Traditional Chinese/Korean/Polish/Thai/Simplified Chinese
Conditions for participation
Players must be at least 15 years old and own the following to be able to participate in the Closed Network Test:
- ・A broadband Internet connection.
- ・A PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S, and a PC that meets the following specifications:
|Minimum Specifications||Recommended Specifications|
|OS||Windows10 64bit||Windows10 64bit|
|CPU||・AMD Ryzen 5 2600
・Intel Core i5-6600
|・AMD Ryzen 5 3600
・Intel Core i7-7700K
|GPU||・Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
・AMD Radeon RX 470
|・Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060
・AMD Radeon RX Vega 64
|DirectX®||Version 12||Version 12|
|Internet connection||Broadband Internet connection||Broadband Internet connection|
|Strage||20GB available space||20GB available space|
|Soundcard||DirectX compatible soundcard or onboard chipset||DirectX compatible soundcard or onboard chipset|
- *The above specifications are needed to play the Closed Network Test of TEKKEN 8.
- *The minimum and recommended specifications for the Closed Network Test are subject to change without notice.
- *The operating environment for the Closed Network Test may differ from that of the full version.
Period of Registration
・9 June 2023, 9:00pm – 27 June 2023, 4:00pm SGT
- *The Period of Registration is subject to change without notice.
Confirmation of Participation
- ・PlayStation®5: 19 July 2023, 3:00pm SGT
- ・XBOX Series X|S and Steam®: 26 July 2023, 3:00pm SGT
If you’re interested in applying, please check here.